Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So confused about judgement update

tag
nmjacobs
Contributor

So confused about judgement update

I have been making payments on a judgement. It was a settlement amount of $3,000 with 4 payments of $750 made to the attorney. I've been emailing him to please cash the third payment (we will be applying for a mortgage in a few months) with no response in weeks. I had requested early exclusion for this judgement and both Experian and Transunion deleted it. Yesterday I got the results report from Equifax and it says updated to "satisfied/released". How can this be? I still had one more payment left! How do they verify judgements and how could a technically unpaid judgement be updated to "satisfied"? I know my next step is to call the courthouse and ask for a copy of it. I'm just asking her about the credit reporting of this.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So confused about judgement update

@nmjacobs wrote:
I have been making payments on a judgement. It was a settlement amount of $3,000 with 4 payments of $750 made to the attorney. I've been emailing him to please cash the third payment (we will be applying for a mortgage in a few months) with no response in weeks. I had requested early exclusion for this judgement and both Experian and Transunion deleted it. Yesterday I got the results report from Equifax and it says updated to "satisfied/released". How can this be? I still had one more payment left! How do they verify judgements and how could a technically unpaid judgement be updated to "satisfied"? I know my next step is to call the courthouse and ask for a copy of it. I'm just asking her about the credit reporting of this.

The CRA doesnt actually get the info from the courthouse runners are sent by 3rd party operators and the info is then sold to the CRAs, they can also use public records databases to verify items of public record. If its been update to paid before you have even completed the payments thats a good thing and yes I would get the relevant info from the courthouse on the release of judgment.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.