Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated with Credit One Bank

tag
kofifi
Established Member

So frustrated with Credit One Bank

Please by all means avoid this credit card company at all possible!! I have been trying to raise my wifes credit score for last couple of months. So i got her a credit one bank card. Upon receiving it she hooked it up to her savings account, she didnt know that you can only do a couple withdrawles from savings account so 2 paymens didnt go through however my wife called and paid it with her debit card once she found out. Fast forward a couple months I go online add our checking account and made a payment. The online payment took money out of the wrong account and they charged me a return check fee my savings account charged me a fee and they shut down my account. I called them and told the the situation and they said that i need to have my bank send them a statement with verification in the statement. I do not understand why i have to go through all that trouble on something that was their error. I would let the account shut down however we are looking to get a house in the next couple months and do not need a closed account on her credit score. Please advise on what to do. I have no recourse as of right now but to suffer them closing down my account for their error.

tran 685
equi 675
exper 641
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dmh0728

Re: So frustrated with Credit One Bank

Credit One Bank should not be allowed to do business.  The fact that you CANNOT speak to a live person and can only communicate via written correspondence is Fraudulent....especially when it comes to credit cards.  The fees are through the roof and if there is an error on your bill, you cannot talk to anyone.  The risk of keeping this card is much greater.  I am in the process of trying to cancel and have dialed every phone number which just lands me in voicemail jail.  To protect my credit, I am sending all of the credit reporting agencies a letter showing my request to cancel as well as the bank statement and a copy of the payment.  This card is a major risk to those who are trying to rebuild their credit.

Message 2 of 3
shelleyla30
New Visitor

Re: So frustrated with Credit One Bank

Talk to your local bank manager. Lots of time bank tellers simply don't have time to deal with stuff like that or were advised to decline all help. Believe it or not, I used to work as a bank teller and we were advised to help customers but if someone requests help because of issues pertaining to credit report, do everything you can to avoid getting a manager. It's only because they receive lots of request and if they granted every one of them they would never make any money.

Ask to speak with the bank manager ASAP, don't give a reason but offer to make an appointment if they are busy----this will help because it shows you have respect for their time. Then sit down and explain the situation. Ask for their assistance. It would help if you made a deposit that day or, in my case with a similar issue, opened a savings account for my son. Get the tellers name and comment on her wonderful assistance. Anything that shows you will be banking with them long-term and you are a good customer

@kofifi wrote:

Please by all means avoid this credit card company at all possible!! I have been trying to raise my wifes credit score for last couple of months. So i got her a credit one bank card. Upon receiving it she hooked it up to her savings account, she didnt know that you can only do a couple withdrawles from savings account so 2 paymens didnt go through however my wife called and paid it with her debit card once she found out. Fast forward a couple months I go online add our checking account and made a payment. The online payment took money out of the wrong account and they charged me a return check fee my savings account charged me a fee and they shut down my account. I called them and told the the situation and they said that i need to have my bank send them a statement with verification in the statement. I do not understand why i have to go through all that trouble on something that was their error. I would let the account shut down however we are looking to get a house in the next couple months and do not need a closed account on her credit score. Please advise on what to do. I have no recourse as of right now but to suffer them closing down my account for their error.

will help your chances.

I had a similar issue with credit one and went to the bank with the problem. The manager personally contacted them and settled the issue for me. It was rare but it showed how much they care about their customers. Trick is to show you will be there long-term, to show respect for their busy schedule, and be polite to all staff. Either way, you will learn a lot about your local bank and whether or not they are someone you want to deal with long term.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.