cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated!!!!

tag
w82

So frustrated!!!!

I have never understood the concept, I am post bankruptcy 10 whole days!!!! Yea me, I was drowning in medical bills. With this being said, how do you get credit if no one will give you a chance to prove yourself. I have never owed any credit card companies, and none were included in my discharge. If I elect not to strive for credit it works against me. Any suggestions or plans that can help me get started. I even applied for the capital one secured card, they did send me a letter saying they needed to verify my identity. But, so far I have heard nothing.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: So frustrated!!!!

Verify your identity with Capital One.  Can you become a member of Navy Federal Credit Union, or any credit union?  They're your best bet.  You're going to have to start with rebuilder cards, treat them well then move up post BK.  It is going to take time.  FingerHut has a rebuilder card, but the items are expensive.  Merrick Bank has a rebuilder card, but the fees are about $125 for the first year.  It's part of the process of a low credit score, unfortunately.

Message 2 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, ten days free...

Not a lot of options. The ones that might work with you are the ones you don't want.

Message 3 of 6
w82

Well I did apply this morning through the credit union I bank with, But I don't think they will give me a chance it is a fairly new account I have not been banking with them for a full year. It will be a year in October. Yes,  my scores actually went up after the discharge 22 points. I an now at a 611, 610, and 600. I have two installment loans that I currently pay on time. Thank you for the reply. I am happy I found this site. It helps to vent.

Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you do a search in the search box above, look for BK friendly CCC.  That should give you a start.

Message 5 of 6
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Not sure what your vehicle situation is, but after my BK I got a car loan (not a terrible rate either).  After my first payment I applied for the Capital One Platinum card, I was approved for the 500 dollar starter limit.  Things have been a bit slow going, and really it took till about the 1 year mark to start being approved for more things.  I got the Best Buy Rewards Card, Barclays Reward Card with 0% for 9 months, and traded my car in for a different one with a new loan (4.99%).  It takes time, and I wouldnt expect much only 10 days out of BK.  At the 2.5 year mark I'm still feeling it, and plan to for the full 10 years....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.