Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So grateful for this forum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So grateful for this forum

Thank you community! After years of illness and living on cash, I decided to take charge and rebuild. I hired a credit repair agency and cancelled 2 weeks later because I found this forum. Ive gone from mid 400s to 600 in 4 months. Until this weekend I only had OpenSky and Self Lender reporting positivity. Just got approved for Discover It secured and Capital One unsecured!! Very happy 😃
Will I get a score boost when these report?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So grateful for this forum

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you community! After years of illness and living on cash, I decided to take charge and rebuild. I hired a credit repair agency and cancelled 2 weeks later because I found this forum. Ive gone from mid 400s to 600 in 4 months. Until this weekend I only had OpenSky and Self Lender reporting positivity. Just got approved for Discover It secured and Capital One unsecured!! Very happy 😃

You typically get a boost for the first 3 revolvers opening.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't expect a score boost because you will lose points for the reduction in your average age of accounts and for the inquiries when they report.  You may get a boost if your utilization on Open Sky is not in optimal range by adding additional credit...therefore lowering total utilization.  You also lose points for resetting your youngest account to under 12 months.  You are much better off with the 3 cards now that you could get a score boost with the reduction of the # of accounts with balances.  It is hard to say overall how much your score will decrease/increase since there are many factors at play.

Message 3 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous you have plenty of accounts now, let them age

You're risking burning HPs for nothing and getting future denials for too many new accounts/excessive credit seeking. Save that for down the road (six months to a year) when you'll have a lot better options. No need to weigh yourself down with starter cards 

Good luck 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. You have a pretty good start now with what you have. You should look into the azeo (if im correct) method to help you you from this point. TIme is now your biggest obstacle. Just lay low and get the age on the accounts. 6-12 months from now you should have some attractive scores. 

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

When @gdale6 speaks. Everyone listens. Smiley Very Happy When I hit 3 cards. That was the end of the score rise for a while. As time went by the scores started to go up. No more apps from the excitement of getting approved like @Remedios  stated. And like others have said. Time is your best friend now. Not an obstacle. We dont know your AoOA, AAoA, and other tidbits from the past. Since you say it was years living off cash. You'll probably see a boost. How much? Let us know. You've had great success so far coming from the 400's. You got the rebuild FICO bonus now. 3 cards and a installment loan. Let time do its thing. You'll get your Credit Steps CLI with Cap1. Next step at least 6-8 months down the road. Try for a Disco pre-qual. Once you get another unsecured then. You can close a secured. Its a game. Play it right and you'll come out on top. Best of Luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.