Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So my complete rebuild plan

tag
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

So my complete rebuild plan

I will discharge from my Ch7 in about a week. 3ish Feb 2020. Here are what I burned, what I have and what I am planning for the future. 

Included in BK 

Cap 1                     $505

Cap 1                     $840

Amazon                 $418

Car Care                 $1380

One Main               $9079

Security Finance  $1860

Heights Finance   $1329          Tried to reaffirm, lawyer said nope. Owe $347 currently. Voluntary repayment to keep relationship. BK will not be used against me for future loans.

Snap On                 $7023           Reaffirmed. Needed for employment. 

USAA                      $650

Navy Federal         $3109           Will do voluntary repayment to maintain relationship. Current banking through them. 

What I have gained since filing

Open Sky                $400 CL              Might keep due to being able to increase to $3k

Credit One              $450 CL              Will scrap eventually

Indigo                      $300 CL              Will scrap eventually.

Victoria's Secret     $250 CL             Will keep since I have a daughter to use it. Extra help on AAoA and utilization

Overstock                $250 Cl               I do need to refurnish my house. Same with AAoA and utilization

Fingerhut                 $700 L                Same for AAOA and utilization but will scrap eventually.

Yes I know that I have enough and beyond. I have personal reasons to need to have as many trade lines reporting ASAP. My rebuild is a two parter. A short sprint for quick gains, my personal needs and then settle in for a long haul rebuild. Eventually I want to replace them cards with better ones. 

My goals for that are.

Discover, Capital One, Amazon, Walmart (store card) Possibly Best Buy and Home Depot/Menards. And replace my burned NFCU card as well. To make this clear, I don't plan on moving on any of them for min of a yr. Nor do I plan on any more inquiriesl. Soft pulls, sure. Any hards, not gonna happen. 

So added in with my plans from above. With my discharge around the corner, I know my reports will update and remove the lates and CO from after filing BK. 

Once my reports are updated my plan is this. And please let me know what your thoughts are on the possibilities of success are. 

I do have some lates from my heart attack that I had in July. So technically I do have accurate lates. However, I want them gone. If possible. 

What are your thoughts on doing GWLs to them asking them to remove the lates? If not, a PFD on the lates? Or worse case, just having the tradelines removed entirely? I have a enough history with other accounts where my AAoA shouldnt be effected to badly. Alot of those accounts are about 2 yrs in age. I know this is somewhat a duplicate of my last post but I wanted to better clarify my intents and understanding. 

Thank you all in advance.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: So my complete rebuild plan

Looks fine. "With my discharge around the corner, I know my reports will update and remove the lates and CO from after filing BK. " But lates before BK dont get removed. All that will fall under GW letters. Anyone that got burned isnt going to remove negative info as a favor. Its an uphill battle getting that done. When you say PFD to get things removed. If you filed BK and now want to pay them back? Some may not let you do that so it doesnt look like they are collecting on a DC'ed debt. Its a fine line. As before. All you can do is give it all time to age. Try the GW's. Thats all you can really do.

Message 2 of 5
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Firemedic. I know they don't have to remove the accurate lates. But just gotta get one persons heart strings pulled. Its a shot in the dark, I get that. Yea, the goodwills are gonna be my first attempt. I didn't file due to my credit debt, I had to file due to my medical bills. If it was for that, my bills were being paid just fine. So do feel kinda guilty that they got burned. But they did, so gonna make the best of it. The PFD are more of a scraping the botton of a barrel of attempts. The ones that I would do are easy enough to pay off. For trying to get them removed entirely I think between the lates my scores would balance out if the tradeline themselves would disappear. My scores would drop for sure having the TL just gone but that damage would repair itself far quicker than just letting the lates age off. 

The ones I would try for are

Cap1 X2

Amazon     (Sync)

Carcare      (Sync)

Of everything I read hear so far, Cap 1 is the harderst to get. With a rare success occassionaly. Hence the possible PFD. I have read alot of success with Syncrony if you find the right people with GW letters. For the PFD, I would make sure its offered in writing and stated as voluntary payback that way it cannot be seen as an attempt to collect a debt since I am not legally prohibited from doing so.

One Main I just owe too much to. Gonna try for just a TL delete. 

Security Finance Report shows not lates.

Heights Finance is in good standing and being volutaryily paid back

Snap On is current 

USAA was current right up to filing.

Navy Federal, tradeline disappeared but was current

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

a couple of those cards will not grow at all.

Use them to get positive payment history but don't keep paying the fee if your scores can go back up.

You'd be better off using that AF money to get a secured card that has a chance to graduate

Message 4 of 5
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

a couple of those cards will not grow at all.

Use them to get positive payment history but don't keep paying the fee if your scores can go back up.

You'd be better off using that AF money to get a secured card that has a chance to graduate

Im not to worried about AFs at the moment. And would probably hang on to them a yr long than I need to just for a little more on the age. I am probably about a yr out from Discovers IT secured. About the same for NFCU secured card since I have to pay them back in full before I can get there secured card. Capitals secured card can kiss my no no spots before I will get theirs. From what I can gather, average is about a yr post discharge for Discover and Cap 1. May try other lenders but not to keen from what I've seen on their cards. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.