cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Inquiry and SOL Question

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Soft Inquiry and SOL Question

So I had a 2 Verizon collections deleted last month (CA #3 I believe) after I DV'd them. It magically disappeared only to reappear this month under Midland (CA #4) which suprisingly was opened on the day I wrote my DV letter (6/11) and reported on 7/21. CA #3 never sent validation or anything of the likes and I figure it was over. So I am going to send DV on Monday because I want them gone ASAP and they seem like PIA to deal with and I want to get a car next year so I would like my report to be pretty much spotless. I figure after 4 CA they probably have little to nothing. My drop off date for TU (only reporting on them for now, previously was TU and EX) stayed the same which would be 7/11 and 8/11. My state SOL is 4 years although I know the Federal is 2 which some say is debatable. So when would my SOL actually end? End of this month for one and next for the other or is it before/after those dates? So my question is do they have PP (under Collection) in May to view my report and then my account was opened in June?
Almost in the 700 Club!!!
Started 4/05/08 TU 648 EQ 655 EX 653
As of 7/27/08 TU 655 stupid collection EQ 691 EX 689
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Soft Inquiry and SOL Question

SOL goes from DOLA, such as last payment.

A soft inquiry is okay.

If Midland softed you in May, then chances are they had the account then.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.