Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft inquiries from Arrow Financial and Rust Consulting

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Soft inquiries from Arrow Financial and Rust Consulting

Pulled a hard copy of the TU report today and noticed a soft inquiry in June for Arrow and Rust.

I know Arrow. Been there, done that. They fell off my reports in late 2007/early 2008 due to CRTP. And I understand why they would soft me.

But who is Rust Consulting? I googled them and they specialize is class action lawsuits. I doubt if a class of folks are trying to sue me (I didn't give you bad advice, did I ?!). Have anyone heard of them?

And is it a coincidence that they hit in the same month? Ironically, they are in the same zip code. But I googled both together but came up empty. The only thing I can think of is that Rust softed me to contact me to see if I would be interested in a class action lawsuit. Per the link, maybe Arrow is being sued via a class action and the court ordered them to turn over a list of present and former debtors and the only way to get the list was to pull an inquiry. Then Rust pulled a softie to re-check. I don't know. Just guessing.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft inquiries from Arrow Financial and Rust Consulting

They still do not have PP- sue em
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were contacted by them a while back (about 6 months ago?? Long before I came here ...) concerning a class action lawsuit against TU. Since we had no beef with TU, I tossed it in the trash.

It was something about frivolous disputes, I think ... or it might have been allowing CAs to hard pull. Something like that ... two topics that I didn't know anything about and we hadn't been a victim of.

Since they pulled, why not contact them and see? Perhaps its about the TU thing that they notified us about (was addressed to hubby, not me)???
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:
They still do not have PP- sue em

Smiley Very Happy

What about soft inquiries from companies other than CA's? Would you feel the same? In reviewing the CRs, I have a dozen plus from insurance companies, CCCs, and investment companies. I haven't done business with these companies (nor plan to). In your opinion, do these companies have PP? I didn't initiate a credit transaction with them.

IMO, I still think CAs have PP. Not gonna debate now, but I also think it is also an invasion of privacy when CAs pull the CR. I think they shouldn't be allowed to have PP. Not only that, I think companies like Applied Bank, Tribute and Rust Consulting, to name a couple recent pulls, should not be allowed to pull any inquiry unless that have my written permission first. I know there is also a credit freeze available, but they need to conform to me, not me to them.

I also think the FCRA and FDCPA needs to be changed to clearly state that "CAs do not have permissible purpose".  For every case like Pintos, there's another one to counter. For every section of the FCRA that vaguely mentions CA's don't have PP, there two more that say they do. And as ID theft becomes more and more common, changes need to be made. FACTA ain't cutting the mustard.

There, I ranted too much.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A soft means nothing
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree-

They need PP to do softs- 

Promotional INQ's are a whole different story - and they only get name and address.

HappyDays wrote:
A soft means nothing

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have a copy of TU with me, but it seems like TU lumps all the soft inquiries together for AR & PRM inquiries and lists the PP, both of which are blank.

How do we know that a creditor-to-be will only see a name and address when they pull a PRM?

Timothy wrote:
I disagree-

Promotional INQ's are a whole different story - and they only get name and address.

HappyDays wrote:
A soft means nothing

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU lists PRM is a seperate section
EQ codes them with PRM-
EX gloobs all the softs together.

llecs wrote:
I don't have a copy of TU with me, but it seems like TU lumps all the soft inquiries together for AR & PRM inquiries and lists the PP, both of which are blank.

How do we know that a creditor-to-be will only see a name and address when they pull a PRM?

Timothy wrote:
I disagree-

HappyDays wrote:
A soft means nothing

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.