cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some advice please on how to tackles this debt!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some advice please on how to tackles this debt!!!

I don't want to use a debt consolidation company for I probabably won't approved lol.

but here it is..

10k CL,  I maxed this out

6k CL,  4500 balance

3k CL,  Maxed

750 CL,  650 balance

500 CL,  300 balance

extremely ashamed here, but I need to get ahold of this. thanks for the feed back

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some advice please on how to tackles this debt!!!

Are you current on all of these? Tell us a little more. Can you pay off the $300 and get that out of the way right away?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am current.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I am going to recommend is rather dangerous but have you tried any prequals for a debt consolidation loan?  I would hit all of the sites that I could.  Lending Club, Prosper, Marcus, etc.  See if any one of those(and more) could open your options up.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would knock off your two smallest card balances ASAP, while still staying current on your other three. You need to get that UTL down, so what Overmedicated suggested might not be a bad idea for the other three balances. You need to refrain from the temptation to use & run them up again, though, otherwise you’ll be worse off than now. Make a budget to see where your money is going every paycheck. Keep us posted.

Message 5 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Creditors become increasingly nervous if a consumer maintains a high % util on their revolving account.

That becomes increasingly so if their internal soft pulls also show that the consumer is maxing other creditors.

A common result of maintaining an account at or near max, or of having multiple accounts with very high % utils, is that the creditor may begins to decrease your credit limit with them as your debt is paid down, thus controlling further charges, and controlling their risk.

If a creditor begins to decrease your credit limit,then your % util will remain very high even as you pay down the balance.

That makes credit score improvement in % util scoring very difficult.

How long have you maintained the high util rates?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

For almost 5 months.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks over medicated. Going to get this done.
Message 8 of 16
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

What are you minimum payments?    

Can you afford more?

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What I am going to recommend is rather dangerous but have you tried any prequals for a debt consolidation loan?  I would hit all of the sites that I could.  Lending Club, Prosper, Marcus, etc.  See if any one of those(and more) could open your options up.

I disagree.

OP isn't ready to apply for anything with two cards that are maxed out. I'd say to get the util down at least a bracket or two and THEN consider applying for such a loan.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.