cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some dispute success, but one FALSE acct was verified....what next???

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Some dispute success, but one FALSE acct was verified....what next???

Before I read this site and realized that I should have disputed via mail I had disputed online.

I got my transunion dispute results back today and found out that 5 of 11 baddies were deleted. This made me happy because now everything but 1 baddie on my reports is legitimate.

However, what can I do about this one baddie. It is from a collection agency called southern management and they say that I have a balance of $0 and that it was a settlement/paid after collection deal. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

There was NO SETTLEMENT and it was never meant to be in collections, it was to my collection apartment place after we moved out and they tried to charge mefor my roommates room being trashed but I said NO (we all had our own leases) so then they just charged me 1/4 of the kitchen and living room cleanup (which pissed me off still cos that same messy roommate made the mess).

For some reason this came back verified and they say it won't drop off until 07/2009.

Is there anything I can do now? And is it even worth it? Is it hurting my score badly

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some dispute success, but one FALSE acct was verified....what next???

This would make your SOL date 7/02     is that about right?   What is your SOL?
Message 2 of 3
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: Some dispute success, but one FALSE acct was verified....what next???

uhm not sure, this bill was paid back in 2002 though. Thats the thing it was never a collection, as soon as I got the letter from the apt when I moved out that they wanted these fees I called them and paid.

Soes SOL matter when it has already been paid?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.