Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some good news and another question.

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Some good news and another question.

Made a simple GW phone call to HSBC/Tax today and they told me that indeed to be patient. I asked what do you mean? He said there's a note on my screen that says you called two weeks ago and ask for the delete and we approved it, so it will take up to thirty days from the original call. Then it dawned on me, I was miserably sick with strep throat that entire week so I was sitting at home just working on my credit and I had totally forgotten that I had called them LOL! It probably had a lot to do with all the drugs I was on at the time too but anyways, Chalk ANOTHER DELETE UP FOR THE HOME TEAM!!! Just thought I'd share this as a little inspiration to others who are thinking about giving up.

Now for my question.
With HSBC gone I officially only have four minor medical s left, the newest being HARVARD COLLECTION which I've been on here complaining about for the last several days. All my collection total $1400 which I should be able to get paid off within the next two months with the help of lots of overtime at work so a squeaky clean CR is in my near future. Now, as my username implies I want to try to get to 750 as fast as possible and then everything after that is just gravy. So I'm asking you good people the best advice on how to accomplish this in the shortest amount of time. I have read several post on here with people talking about a "good mix of credit" but I never read anyone actually saying what a good mix of credit is.

Currently I have a $300 unsecured cap1 card, $200 secured cap1 card, finger hut(which hasn't officially granted me a line of credit yet), I'm three years into a four year auto note with perfect pay history and I have about four straight years of consumer finance loans (loan sharks) all completely paid off but still on my CR as closed and perfect pay history.

So that's all my good stuff, and like I said all the bad stuff will be deleted or at least be PIF within a couple of months. So in order for me to have a good mix of credit, what should I add? BTW my CS's were all around 630 until HARVARD COLLECTIONS popped up a couple of weeks ago then they all plummeted to around 600 (Grrrrr!) I'm going to GW the crap out of them until they beg me to stop killing trees! So anyways, my basic question is, what do you guys recommend as a good mix?

Thanks everyone
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Some good news and another question.

You actually have a good mix of credit.  Revolving, installment, store cards. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.