Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some goodwill success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some goodwill success!

I had sent goodwill emails for the following accounts (Merrick Bank, Fingerhut, Austin Bank, Capital One and Lending Club on 4/1/2020) I received an email response back from Austin Bank that they will remove the 30 and 60 day late payment. I also missed a call from Capital One, hoping to catch them the next time they call. Still have not heard from Fingerhut, Merrick Bank or Lending Club. Excited too see how much score will improve with the lates removed from Austin Bank. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Some goodwill success!

Congratulations on your GW success! Good luck on the others.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... on 4/1/2020) I received an email response back from Austin Bank that they will remove the 30 and 60 day late payment ...

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your GW success! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got a letter yesterday and Merrick Bank denied the goodwill. Heard from capital one today, she said she was a senior account manager and advised they had to report accurately. Super bummed about that because I've seen so much success with capital one on the forums. Should I keep trying? Still waiting to hear from Lending Club. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many times has Capital One said no? Was it just once with that most recent contact? It seems with Capital One persistency is the key to a lot of GW success stories. I would keep trying with Capital One and continue to comb the forums here for DPs/contacts to email/mail.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

This was my second attempt. I first reached out on 4/1 and did not get any responses. I sent another email on 4/30 and got the missed call yesterday and connected with the account mgr today who told me no, so my first denial, but second attempt to reach out. Both times I reached out I sent emails to capital one ceo. 

Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Heard from capital one today, she said she was a senior account manager and advised they had to report accurately. Super bummed about that because I've seen so much success with capital one on the forums. Should I keep trying?

Yes, the older it gets the better the chances. Put them on an every 3 month schedule.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Heard from capital one today, she said she was a senior account manager and advised they had to report accurately. Super bummed about that because I've seen so much success with capital one on the forums. Should I keep trying?

Yes, the older it gets the better the chances. Put them on an every 3 month schedule.

Thanks @gdale6 . Its been charged off a little over a year for both cap 1 and merrick bank. I'll try back in July. In regards to lending club, the two late payments were in 2018. Still have not heard back, but is it still worth it to get removed?

Message 9 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @gdale6 . Its been charged off a little over a year for both cap 1 and merrick bank. I'll try back in July. In regards to lending club, the two late payments were in 2018. Still have not heard back, but is it still worth it to get removed?

Any CO is good to get removed. Since this is still considered new I might up the trys to every 6 months and if its still around after 3 yrs then move up the schedule.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.