Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some rebuilding questions

tag
idshabazz
Valued Member

Re: Some rebuilding questions

any thoughts on Petal Visa CC? or Opensky secured? Both seem to have good reviews. Also I was pre-qaulified for the merrick dyl

Message 11 of 13
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

I'm going to disagree with most on this thread. You don't really need any more cards. With the one you have and the loan, you have satisfied your credit mix. The only reason to have 3 is to do that AZEO method and personally, I think that is a waste of energy as it only counts in the month you keep them all except one at 0. Unless you have some big app coming up, then the few points you may gain is just not worth it in my opinion. Just make sure the one card you have never reports over 8.9% at statement cut.

I think you should just let what you have age and then once your youngest account hits a year, then maybe look at another card. While you are waiting, see what baddies you may be able to get excluded from your reports. Make sure there are not any tradelines from the BK that are not reporting correctly or anything else you can get gone.

If you do it like this, then once you go after another card you will get some decent starting limits instead of the 300-500 SL's most get right after a BK. Just my opinion and either approach is really okay. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 12 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Respectfully disagree. The purpose of 3 cards is FICO doesnt like more than 50% of cards reporting. Two cards and 1 reports is the border. Three cards and 1 reports, forget AZEO. Then it's less than 50 % reporting. Theres more than just AZEO at stake here. One card and PIF doesnt do much. It isnt 1 card per year. Two yes 3 max in 1 year would do then take a break and let the 3 work for you. I didnt wait 8 yrs to get 8 cards. Took 3 yrs for 10 cards. Just space them out and you'll be fine.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.