Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some what relieved ..next step?

tag
Muff
Regular Contributor

Some what relieved ..next step?

Hopefully this is my last post about this capital one debt of mine, I am ready to get it completely behind me. Today I got a cashiers check from my bank for the settlement amount we verbally agreed to Of $1,052. I initially told them I would pay by phone today but after the shady conversation yesterday of being accused of trying to pay my debt because I am about to be garnished or because I had received a letter from a sheriff which is NOT true but because I had mentioned my prior garnishment he tried to use that word to scare me out of the whole amount. He then said well why are you suddenly trying to pay this?? I said because I need to clean up my credit! I actually work for a collection agency, been there 2 months. NO I don't know much about credit rebuilding because all I do is give disclosures all day and try to talk ppl into paying their debts! I have no other authority as a collection agent. But I know how we try to get consumers to pay by phone to meet our goals and to ensure payment etc. But i did tell him I work for NCO so he kind of backed off and re offered me the previous settlement and dropped the convo about garnishment. I went around him and got my file number from his secretary today to avoid calling him, well A secretary at the firm. I sent my check certified mail so hopefully after receipt of payment he will close this account like he said. Should my next step be to GW capital one? Should I explain how I was young and careless and knew nothing about a credit card?? Should I also enclose a copy of my cashiers check That was made out to the law firm?? What should I saw in this letter and who should I send it to at capital one? 

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Some what relieved ..next step?

Congrats on hopefully getting this behind you.  And yes, now that it's paid/settled, the GW route is the way to go.  Hopefully someone will have a good contact for you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Muff
Regular Contributor

Re: Some what relieved ..next step?

thank you

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.