Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somedays CapOne just shocks the h**l out of you

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

Somedays CapOne just shocks the h**l out of you

Hello, my name is fixingitohio and I'm a MPM credit pulling addict ...

I log in this morning for my morning pull and my EX score dropped a little (-8), which had me a little bummed because it went up +5 yesterday.  Yes, I know MPM is a FAKO and I look to it for trends, not absolute data.  What puzzled me more was my balances are going down (when they report) so util should be going down which should drive it up.

Printed yesterdays and todays (printing to PDF daily to file them away for reference), I look at the balances and nothing changed.  So off to compare line by line.

Only difference today is my old Paid CO from CapOne from 2008 is now marked as a Pay Status of "Unknown" and the monthly CO marks disappeared for some of the months in 2008/2009.

On EQ they're all gone (monthly pay status), but the account is still there as a Pay Status of Collection/Chargeoff (EQ didn't move).

My derogatory count went down by 1 on EX too.

What happened?  On 9/25 I sent a short GW request (first time to CapOne) to the address on my CR asking for a GW adjustment/removal and explaining the situation in 2008/09.  3 paragraphs, less than one page.

We'll see what tomorrow brings (TU is positively glacial on updating anything), but for all the bad rap CapOne gets, I'm shocked, literally shocked.

I will update as the week progresses if stuff changes on for the better or worse.

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Somedays CapOne just shocks the h**l out of you

Message 2 of 3
fixingitohio
Contributor

Re: Somedays CapOne just shocks the h**l out of you

The comments went from "Account closed due to Inactivity" to  "Account was in dispute, now resolved - Reported by subscriber" on EX with the Two Year marks still showing for 2008/2009, but blank now.

It looks like when I've had some other GW adjustments made and they've got a partial update of the data.  Pieces missing for a couple days until poof.

Then again, it could be wishful thinking too.  Is it sad I'm like a kid at Christmas gettting up in the morning to see what changed today (lots of gears in motion right now).

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.