cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specal thanks to all , headed to the garden, rebuilding update ,Positivity, Focus and Patience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Specal thanks to all , headed to the garden, rebuilding update ,Positivity, Focus and Patience

theRbro,

I don't mind sharing i learned a lot from here. I think everyone should pay it forward, i have a long way to go and with your help and everyone here i will get there and so will you. I started with the FNBO secured card on 12/14 took about 3 or 4 weeks to get it, then 1/5 I got the Capital One secured and Discover and Unify in April, my scores were in the low 500's for FNBO but i had banked with them so they approved it. I was in the high 500's when i got Capital One and Low 600's when i got Discover and Unify. I paid them in full every month and left about $35 on Capital One at closing until July. That is when i got my first Pre-qualify from Amex and got those unsecured, scores were in about 630's , and i got the others a month after that. It's very hard to garden, but i am trying my best, i don't have a lot of patience. If i can help anymore feel free to ask. Have a great Labor Day, everyone here, thank you all !

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Specal thanks to all , headed to the garden, rebuilding update ,Positivity, Focus and Patience

@Bizfirst - Thanks for sharing the details, that is very helpful. Did any of the secure cards graduate/partially graduate yet?

I managed to clean my TU report and get it into the 700's, just chipping away at the EX & EQ a bit (collections/charge offs on those).  I'd opted out of promotions for the moment until I finish my disputes so I doubt i'll be getting some pre-approvals until I'm back on the radar.

Message 12 of 16
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

@Bizfirst wow you are truly an inspiration for me as I have just went to the garden myself. Scores across all 3 CB is 610. I have Amex Sky $1k, careCredit $4500, Cap1 $3000, creditone unsecured $1000 penfed rewards visa $5000. Still carrying a bal and with high ul. I carry a bal and haven't managed to PIF yet. Need to focus on bring ul down and PIF. But I'm itching for at least 2 more.......... the struggle is real! 🤦🏾‍♀️
Message 13 of 16
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild! Definitely garden your new cards and pay attention to utilization. You are well on your way. Stay the course my friend Smiley Wink

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

None of my secured cards have graduated but i have not had them very long, i hope they will, but if not i will just keep them as long as they are useful and then close them. I really want to close my Capital One because i started it with the max of $3000, so i don't know if they will unsecure it , i don't really know why they would. Congrats on the 700 TU, i have yet to reach 700 on any of them yet, but i will keep working. I have that PRA and i have no idea of anyway to get it removed. I will probably have to wait for it to fall off. I have run out of ideas.Lets all get there together.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

about Unify secured...

I have a checking with them. opened 6 months ago.

My credit is messed up(all paid off now but still looking ugly) and I am trying to avoid having to explain and also want to avoid any hard pulls.

was it a hard or soft pull?

do they even check credit?

do they check income?

thanks

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.