cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectrum acct sent to collections - how can I remove it from my CR

tag
thugtrader

Spectrum acct sent to collections - how can I remove it from my CR

Hello all! I have learned a lot from the kind and helpful people that have taken the time to reply to pleas for help from "credit rookies" like myself.... Thank you ALL. This is my first official post. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I just had a collection hit my CR two days ago from Sequoum for $314. This dropped my CS from a 712 to a 634!!!! When I called Spectrum they said it was with Waypoint Resource Group that had the debt. The OC said they will take a payment and update the acct. However, I've read here that if they do that it will just be a "paid collection". I called Spectrum and requested that they recall the debt but the newbie CSR hadn't ever done that. He sent a request to their collections department and said they would call in a few days. The acct was closed in May 2021.  Any thoughts if this is still plausible?  

I've prepared a Debt Verification letter in case this doesn't happen. I've read here that Sequium doesn't do PFDs but if anyone has had luck, please let me know. Thanks in advance everyone.... You are appreciated!!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.