cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

tag
Chuggybear68

Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

Ok, I have a Sprint account from about threeyears ago in collections. On two of my credit reports it is reporting from Enhanced Recovery, but nothing from Sprint, and on the third report I have nothing from Enhanced, but the same account is reporting from Sprint.......my first instinct was to PFD Sprint, but they have told me they don't do that. So, what now? Do I PFD Enhanced? Pay Sprint and start GW? Do nothing?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Sprint/Enhanced Recovery

You offer the PFD to who is reporting, the OC or the CA.  In this case they both are, just on different reports.  Paying one will not remove the others TL.

Do you know if Sprint still owns the account or sold it to ERC?

Message 2 of 14
Chuggybear68

Sprint still owns it......I'm just confused. So, if Sprint would have agreed to the PFD, what would have happened to the ERC reports? If ERC agrees to a PFD what happens on my TU report where Sprint is reporting?

Do I try PFD with Enhanced and then GW Sprint?

Message 3 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I had an Enhanced Recovery account last year and I PIF and BBB them. They removed the CA without any fuss.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 14
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

I had an Enhanced Recovery account last year and I PIF and BBB them. They removed the CA without any fuss.

Try this

I sent them a few letters demanding proof of my debt and they folded without any hassle and 2 weeks later it was off all three credit reports and I had two accounts with them. Send them a letter to their Jax office, I have seen alot of people have success with them

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 14
anewmall26

I was in your exact same situation 3 weeks ago, this is what I did, paid Sprint directly then disputed Enhanced with all three CA and I also BBB complaint Enhanced saying they are reporting an account they dont own and it was paid to original creditor I said Enhanced was violating FCRA . Enhanced recovery responded they will remove and they did.
Message 6 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@anewmall26 wrote:
I was in your exact same situation 3 weeks ago, this is what I did, paid Sprint directly then disputed Enhanced with all three CA and I also BBB complaint Enhanced saying they are reporting an account they dont own and it was paid to original creditor I said Enhanced was violating FCRA . Enhanced recovery responded they will remove and they did.

Why did you dispute?  The reporting was accurate whether you paid the OC or not.  If it was showing not paid they have to have time to update once the OC received the money.  A CA does not have to own an account to report and wasn't in violation of the FCRA.

Message 7 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Steelersfan904 wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

Try this

I sent them a few letters demanding proof of my debt and they folded without any hassle and 2 weeks later it was off all three credit reports and I had two accounts with them. Send them a letter to their Jax office, I have seen alot of people have success with them

So, you sent them a DV letter?

Message 8 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

What was the complaint with the BBB?

Message 9 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Chuggybear68 wrote:
Sprint still owns it......I'm just confused. So, if Sprint would have agreed to the PFD, what would have happened to the ERC reports? If ERC agrees to a PFD what happens on my TU report where Sprint is reporting?

Do I try PFD with Enhanced and then GW Sprint?

If Sprint owns it and will take your money for a PFD, then you would need to GW ERC for deletion.  Or vice versa,  If Sprint won't take your money, offer the PFD to ERC and if they accept, GW Sprint.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.