Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started from the bottom now I'm....stuck

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started from the bottom now I'm....stuck

Thanks to all of the amazing help I have received here, I have managed to increase my score by 100 points since February of this year! I have had SEVERAL things removed and have been fairly proud...until now. I feel completely stuck. All I have left now are 2 accounts listed by the Department of Education that show 2 small balances that I could easily pay. However when I call them, they are saying the accounts have been with GC Services for the past year even though they are not the ones reporting. I guess I need to call and set up payment with them? I also have a voluntary repo from 3 years ago when I was laid off from my job. I know my only option at this point is to ride it out but I really wanted to be able to purchase a home before the next 4 years 😩 Kind of at a loss at this point.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Started from the bottom now I'm....stuck

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks to all of the amazing help I have received here, I have managed to increase my score by 100 points since February of this year! I have had SEVERAL things removed and have been fairly proud...until now. I feel completely stuck. All I have left now are 2 accounts listed by the Department of Education that show 2 small balances that I could easily pay. However when I call them, they are saying the accounts have been with GC Services for the past year even though they are not the ones reporting. I guess I need to call and set up payment with them? I also have a voluntary repo from 3 years ago when I was laid off from my job. I know my only option at this point is to ride it out but I really wanted to be able to purchase a home before the next 4 years 😩 Kind of at a loss at this point.

You don't need a completely clean report to purchase a home. A 3 year old voluntary repo will not hold you back.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.