Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting

Hello.I just started my quest for better credit.After neglecting my credit for a good decade,I am back at it again.Here is my current situation: Cap1 secured $0/200 and a Firstchoice secured $0/200.My oldest card is the CAp1 which shows as opened on 11/24/20016 hence no fico yet.I had two baddies that were disputed and .......removed.I also have 3 /4 HPs.Where do I stand? What should I do to improve my score? What to expect my first Fico generate and when will that be? Btw ,income is $50k

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting

Six months is the minimum for FICO scores, so you should get yours in May or June.

You can get one more card but you don't have to. I'd avoid anything other than perhaps one more such as a single SP card through Comenity SCT. You'll need an installment loan. I'd recommend the AlliantCU Shared Secured loan. Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing great and heading in the right direction. Keep using and paying off your cards, get your loan, and then do nothing else until you get your scores and they're good to go to meet your goals.

Message 2 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Hold tight until you get FICO scores. Depending on what they turn out to be will decide the next step
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the advice.I just opened an SLL with Alliant.That will be it for now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.