Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Dept FCU Approval Attn: Rebuilders

tag
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

State Dept FCU Approval Attn: Rebuilders

Hi all,

Just wanted to HIGHLY recommend State Dept Federal Credit Union if you are rebuilding and need an auto loan. 

It was fast, easy and my Experian Fico 2 was only 614 and I was approved in just a day.

I LOVE them! 

5% interest on a $20,000 loan. 

They are the best! 

**Edited to add that they actually ran 2 different Experian scores, one was the Fico 8 and the one they used for the loan was lower, the old Fico 2 (Experian). So I got 2 HP but that's okay**

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Dept FCU Approval Attn: Rebuilders

Congrtas to you.

Message 2 of 28
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much, Awashi17!  Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the tip. Where are they located?
Message 4 of 28
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the tip. Where are they located?

Sure! Happy to recommend them as I had such a great experience.

They are in VA, Washington D.C., Maryland, that area. I did everything online though. 

There are various ways to join. I learned from this forum (thanks myFICO peeps) to join the American Consumer Council which makes you eligible for the credit union membership.

On their website there's a list of how you can join. Not sure if I can put the link to their page on here so just google SDFCU and it will come up! 

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing this.  I find it very helpful because honestly I thought I wouldnt be able to get any product besides the accts and the secured cards until i was way up in mid 700s.. I agree I LOVE sdfcu i had to call the other day about a minor acct issue and they were so much more courteous than most other phone agents

Message 7 of 28
SprintToFinish
New Contributor

Thanks much for this info! Smiley Very Happy

Start: 7/25/16 EQ: 605 TU: 597 EX: 611
Current: EQ: 703 TU: 741 EX: 700

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great information!

Message 9 of 28
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for sharing this.  I find it very helpful because honestly I thought I wouldnt be able to get any product besides the accts and the secured cards until i was way up in mid 700s.. I agree I LOVE sdfcu i had to call the other day about a minor acct issue and they were so much more courteous than most other phone agents

Sure thing!

Well, sounds like you have an established acct with them so should be just as easy for you! 

It was so great dealing with them after having a really bad time at the dealership with them wanting me to use their financing and they kept changing the interest rate, the bank they wanted to use, etc.  Then I decided to just try it on my own and I'm SO glad I did or I might have ended up with a really horrible loan/lender at a much higher rate. 

Good luck if you go for it!!! Good time to buy 2016 vehicles as they want to get rid of them with the 2017s out now. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.