Did you mean: 

State Tax Lien

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Re: State Tax Lien

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@electra wrote:

Interesting...that IS helpful, thanks!  What do your EQ and EX reports say?

Suprisingly enough Experian says that it will remain until Feb 2020........3 years earlier than what TU says it will fall off.

So the Notes at the Top of my Experian reports says this: A paid tax lien may remain for up to seven years.  Unpaid tax liens may remain for 10 years..... Looks like Experian just went with the 7 years even though it is  has not been paid.

Cheryl

I wonder if Experian goes with the 7 years regardless.  If so, being 19 years old it would be past their 7 year mark.

EQ said it is whichever is first so they shouldn't reinsert it.

TU said it stays on forever unpaid and 7 years after being paid which means they would reinsert it but than that is also a direct conflict with what is on your report.

I am scheduled to close on May 24th.  I am thinking about paying it around May 22 unless they tell me to pay it earlier.  Really thinking it won't be reinserted but TU is scaring me a bit on what they say and what they do.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 31 of 44
virgo
Established Contributor

You might want to take a look at the letter I posted. 'why are liens allowed to report this way' 5/01/2013 Sent to CB's and CFPB (consumer financial protection bureau)
Message 32 of 44
electra
Established Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@electra wrote:

Interesting...that IS helpful, thanks!  What do your EQ and EX reports say?

Suprisingly enough Experian says that it will remain until Feb 2020........3 years earlier than what TU says it will fall off.

So the Notes at the Top of my Experian reports says this: A paid tax lien may remain for up to seven years.  Unpaid tax liens may remain for 10 years..... Looks like Experian just went with the 7 years even though it is  has not been paid.

Cheryl

Hmmm, you may be on to something.  My EX report only has 1 of my 6 liens.   EQ and TU both have 5 of them.  Wonder if that's why...

Message 33 of 44
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I went and paid this off today as frustrating as it was.  They would not budge on giving me a letter to getting it off my credit reports if it were to pop up on it.  Also, the stupid lady I dealt with said that it will take 30 days to show up as released.  **bleep**???????  She told me it would be the same day.  Today she says she has to snail mail it to the capital where they do their paperwork and than snail mail it to the county who files the release who than snail mails it back to her!!  Had I known this I would have paid it last month!  She said it will be back dated to todays date.  That doesn't matter if my name shows up on a lien search!!!  I think you have to flunk an IQ test to work for the government.

I close on my house in just 10 days.  Haven't heard anything from the CU in about a week.  I know they are waiting on the appraisal which should be in today or tomorrow.  I assume once that comes in I will go into underwriting.  Does anyone know if I am correct on this?  My boss did tell me that they have not contacted her to verify employment yet.  I assume that means I am not in UW yet.  I do think that going trought he CU and them keeping the loan in house and not selling it that they may do things differently than what others experience.

I leave twon Thursday morning for a business trip to Chicago for a 6 days.  That should keep my mind off of it.  The conference will be very time cosuming with no time to think about the house etc.  

Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't show up on my credit reports.  Originally, it was only on Equifax that I am aware of.  Equifax confirmed it would not reappear because of the 10 year rule.  EX and TU are a different story.  

The waiting game begins................

CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
Message 34 of 44
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

They don't themselves, they hire outside agencies to do it.  Like Lexus Nexus.

Lexus Nexus is a collection agency?  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 35 of 44
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Lexis Nexis is a CRA.  They collect all kinds of information including judgments, liens, and law suits, vital records etc.

Message 36 of 44
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Lexis Nexis is a CRA.  They collect all kinds of information including judgments, liens, and law suits, vital records etc.

Oh whew.  I sent them a full disclosure request a few weeks ago to see if there's anything I don't know about, then saw this and wondered what have I done....  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 37 of 44
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Oh whew.  I sent them a full disclosure request a few weeks ago to see if there's anything I don't know about, then saw this and wondered what have I done....  

Lol.

Message 38 of 44
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

For those who have been watching/wondering...

I paid this off two weeks ago.  Not showing up on any credit reports thus far.

I closed on my house last Wednesday without the tax lien ever being mentioned.  Hopefully, it is a thing of the past and won't make an appearance.

Message 39 of 44
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Kathy4NU wrote:

For those who have been watching/wondering...

I paid this off two weeks ago.  Not showing up on any credit reports thus far.

I closed on my house last Wednesday without the tax lien ever being mentioned.  Hopefully, it is a thing of the past and won't make an appearance.

Congrats on your house!  You can sleep now that it is all over.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.