Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State tax lien sol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State tax lien sol

My husband has some old tax liens that I went to pay on this weekend and on the Utah state tax site there was zero record of them and the balance was $0. We haven't paid anything yet but it's the last thing on his credit. They're from 2004,2005,2006. Could they be expired or past the statute of limitations?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State tax lien sol

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband has some old tax liens that I went to pay on this weekend and on the Utah state tax site there was zero record of them and the balance was $0. We haven't paid anything yet but it's the last thing on his credit. They're from 2004,2005,2006. Could they be expired or past the statute of limitations?

You would have to check Utah statutes to see how long they can enforce a tax lien. As far as credit reporting they can remain on file for 7 years from the date paid and if unpaid 7 years to the expiration of the first period of enforcability. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.