cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay patient and creditors will reward you!

tag
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: Stay patient and creditors will reward you!

@GApeachy wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

I don't understand how someone can go from 579 to 727 in a year.

While I have been stuck in the 590-620 range for 3+ years.

@Hockeypnc1

Before the market crashed, my scores were in the 800's.  I have many good TL's (open and closed) and I HAD many CO's fall off my report starting in Oct. 2018 through Dec. 2018.  Between the support of my positive Installments, positive Revolvers and attaining new Revolvers my scores shot up in a matter of two months.  Since Jan 2019, I have been able to attain a few more revolvers but nothing in sl's like I used to qualify for.    Also, I've had a couple of lates age off as well. So my scores look pretty good, still I get little respect...small SL's.

Well seeing stuff drop off must be great! 

Unfortunately my BK7 just appeared in October 2016, so I have lots of time yet before it will drop off.

I have for the most part, avoided collections. I don't have any on there at this time. But the BK7 is killing me.

I am trying to gain points, but it is hard. Others seem to do it so much faster and easier. 

Message 11 of 13
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Im right there with you dont feel bad.  Collections off of report, just one charge-off that they refuse to delete after 6 years now, utilization at 1% on 150k in credit, scores have stayed in the 640-670 range since early 2016.  they do not move. ive never understood how some of these people with bankruptcies that burn 20 difference companies for tens of thousands of dollars can go from the low 500s to the mid 700s in 6 months its so frustrating.

Couldn't agree more. I look at their signatures and see their old score, and then see their new score and it's way up in such a short time.

Message 12 of 13
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

There has to be something holding you back such as collections or late payments? You won't see any real score boosts until your very last collection falls off. I know it can be frustrating, but you just need to patient and keep at it! I used to get super frustrated and annoyed when I would see people who had bankruptcies have better scores than me. Like, I'm over here paying all my bills on time, and yet my scores are lower?? But you know what? That's just how these things go. Sometimes, the only thing that can help our scores is time. If you want some more help in detail, you should make a post listing all your accounts, collections, late payments, inquiries, utilization, etc. and there's plenty of people on here who are willing to help steer you in the right direction. Heart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.