Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stellar recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stellar recovery

Everything was going great and today Stellar recovery relisted a collection on my account. I disputed it as it is for comcast and as a current and long term customer I have NEVER had an issue with Comcast. I am not sure what to do. It is only 67 dollars. I feel like paying it just to get it to go away. Does this warrant a PFD? Has anyone every had any luck with Stellar and a PFD?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stellar recovery

Do a DV to them first.  I did and they dropped it off my credit report.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I mean I thought I did that already. I just don't know why I would get an alert that this is a recent collection when it has been on there for a while. i am still new to this game so sorry for my ignorance.

Message 3 of 29
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I mean I thought I did that already. I just don't know why I would get an alert that this is a recent collection when it has been on there for a while. i am still new to this game so sorry for my ignorance.

I would also ask Comcast do they have any clue why it keeps popping back up.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

REALLY COMCAST? It's 2014 and you have to transfer me around to a different branch because I lived in another state for a few years....ugh! How about a central office? Approx hold time 1 hour 44 minutes.Oh Chicago, you're so silly.

Message 5 of 29
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

How did you dispute? Directly, or through CRA?

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online via CRA.

Message 7 of 29
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Usually that knocks them out, since they like "low quality files" to collect on, which contain barebones information of the debtor. They'll play ball with a PFD, if you know it's your, and want to pay it.

If you're looking to knock it out, go the DV route, and see if they follow protocol, as I don't know your timelines, in regards to their initial contact, the CA date, and if it's on all 3 CRA's.

Message 8 of 29
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

If you have problems following the DV, this might help you too.

Direct Dispute

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went and typed up a DV. Comcast kept transferring me around until I finally hit a dead number so I gave up. Sending the DV in the mail forst thing Monday.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.