Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step One: DV all CA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Step One: DV all CA's?

I've been searching around for the answer to this and I *think* I know but I am hoping to get a real clear cut answer.  I am ready to start working on some of my collections, most of which are out of SOL and being reported by CA's.  Do I DV all of them (outside of SOL) since they are not the original creditor, in the hopes that some do not have the required authority to be collecting/reporting? They are all still reporting each month currently.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Step One: DV all CA's?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been searching around for the answer to this and I *think* I know but I am hoping to get a real clear cut answer.  I am ready to start working on some of my collections, most of which are out of SOL and being reported by CA's.  Do I DV all of them (outside of SOL) since they are not the original creditor, in the hopes that some do not have the required authority to be collecting/reporting? They are all still reporting each month currently.  Thanks!

You can try and see if it works to get rid of their reporting. A DV though is only effective to stop collection efforts within the first 30 days of a CA receiving the collection until such time that they actually validate, there is no law that they ever validate though.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is it faster/more effective to just start picking the low hanging fruit (PRA and Midland) and getting PFD’s?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have debts owned by those two, I would definitely tackle them first as they will delete. That’s the quick and easy stuff. Get them done and move to the heavier lifting.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.