Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange things from Cap 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange things from Cap 1

Cap1 was reporting an 1800.00 charge off which was opened in 2001 on EX and EQ -- I've never had an account with them. I disputed it with the two CRAs and shortly thereafter, the TLs were removed. I was doing some housekeeping this morning when I realized that my TU dropped 56 pts. The Cap1 TL - which had never been on TU before - showed up. What the...!?!?! Needless to say, I'm about to dispute it. What is going on here? Is this a sign of reinsertion with the previous CRAs? How do I prevent this? Crazy. Really crazy.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Strange things from Cap 1

How long ago did you find it on the other 2?  It may have taken a little longer to show up on TU.  Do the dispute like the others & it should be deleted.  Who knows where this stuff comes from!  That's why it's good to pay attention to your CR's...just like you're doing!

I know this morning I had a bad Sallie Mae acct finally get removed from EX & EQ...TU hasn't shown it yet, so they're a bit behind on my report too.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange things from Cap 1

The other two had been on there for quite some time -- about a year or so. It was only after I decided to get the ball rolling with my credit that I realized it wasn't mine. I was overseas when I supposedly opened the account. TL was removed instantly. I just don't understand how it had never been reported on TU until I disputed it on EX and EQ. Perhaps another backdoor ploy.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.