Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stressed and don't know where to start

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stressed and don't know where to start

There are laws to protect good people when things go bad through no fault of their own... such as bankruptcy.  If you qualify and if you have a clear conscience that you've done everything possible to remedy the situation... I recommend BK and "moving on" vs. years of dealing with collectors, lawyers and STILL having bad credit.  Consolidation services are mostly bad news, utilizing commissioned sales people who take advantage of those who are "down and out" debtwise by totally misleading them with inaccurate information and hope.  (CCCS'es being the exception as they are true not-for-profits, although you have to hook up here before accounts reach charge-off status.)  I've taken BK and I've worked for a collection attorney, so I've seen both sides of this fence.  Do what's best for YOU, knowing you've done all you can and that there is indeed life after.  I wish you well... and mental peace!
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just one question for the editor of my post earlier in this thread: Since when was GreenPath considered a DMP?  I always have considered them as a credit counseling agency, not a DMP.
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have just one question for the editor of my post earlier in this thread: Since when was GreenPath considered a DMP?  I always have considered them as a credit counseling agency, not a DMP.

I'm not the one who edited your post (obviously), but I can tell you why it was edited: while it's acceptable to discuss, to an extent, actual companies, it's against the Terms of Service for the FICO Forums to post links to outside web sites (obviously, government or media websites aren't included in this spectrum unless it contains offensive content).

Here's a few reasons why it violates the ToS, at least, as far as I can see:

1) Allowing members to post links, at least to an extent, implies that the link's destination is endorsed, either implicitly or indirectly, by Fair Isaac. Fair Isaac likes to be impartial.

2) It could be construed as SPAMming or advertising -- no one gives that out for free!

3) This may not really be a reason, but, I'm in marketing and I can tell you that oodles of companies love, love, love click-throughs. It generates a LOT of revenue, especially from GoogleSense. And posting a link like that here in a popular forum like MyFICO would generate LOTS of revenue -- unethically.

My two cents.
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Farmgirl.  I filed Bk 7 and if I had it to do over I would have filed 13.  Talk to someone about it.  Legal Aid?
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not the one who edited your post (obviously), but I can tell you why it was edited: while it's acceptable to discuss, to an extent, actual companies, it's against the Terms of Service for the FICO Forums to post links to outside web sites.

Oh.  Thanks for letting me know.  And I thank llecs for saving my hide.  I obviously need to read the Terms of Service more closely.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not the one who edited your post (obviously), but I can tell you why it was edited: while it's acceptable to discuss, to an extent, actual companies, it's against the Terms of Service for the FICO Forums to post links to outside web sites.

Oh.  Thanks for letting me know.  And I thank llecs for saving my hide.  I obviously need to read the Terms of Service more closely.

While Ilecs deserves oodles of gratitude (he's my fave), don't stress about being edited. Everyone here's real friendly and VERY forgiving.

If I had a nickel for every thread that I inadvertently caused to get locked because of my big, cranky mouth .... well, I'd not NEED credit!! Smiley Happy

But really, welcome to the forums and enjoy!!! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 38
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wonderin wrote:
While Ilecs deserves oodles of gratitude (he's my fave), don't stress about being edited. Everyone here's real friendly and VERY forgiving.

If I had a nickel for every thread that I inadvertently caused to get locked because of my big, cranky mouth .... well, I'd not NEED credit!! Smiley Happy

But really, welcome to the forums and enjoy!!! Smiley Happy

Wonderin, the check is in the mail.

Message 17 of 38
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

MarkRabo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is my understanding (and someone chime in if I am wrong), but listing any credit repair org. by name or by website is a violation of the TOS. Also bad is listing any for-profit DMP by name or by website. But not-for-profit DMPs (not debt negotiation or debt settlement plans) like CCCS is OK to list by name only, so as long as it isn't associated with spam.
Message Edited by llecs on 01-06-2009 05:56 PM
Message Edited by llecs on 01-06-2009 05:58 PM
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

be very cautious dropping your health insurance, if you have any major medical emergency....and it sounds like youve had a few you could be ruined.  the most common reason for bankruptcy....major medical expenses  that 360 you spend on medical should be considered just as essential as the electric bill

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk about thread jacking.
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.