Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck what should I do??

tag
Edward0215
New Contributor

Stuck what should I do??

Hi all,  been working on my credit and with everyone's help here I've brought my eq fico from 530  to 625.  Now I am trying to purchase a home and got my mid score at 598. Need to be at 640. I have 2 medical collections $155 and $251. One old t mobile account closed in 10/2008 with midland $1322. And finally $422 att oc with enhanced recovery.

Ok I pfd the $155 medical collection that popped up in 2013 was excited as it was my first successful pfd! Smiley Sad but I saw it was indeed removed but no move on my credit scores at all what gives?

My money is limited being I am trying to save for a down payment and closing and I'm afraid to spend more money on pfd if no move in scores. Midland has rejected my pfd anyway they are reporting monthly too .  Also I disputed the collections and all came as verified with equifax.

I currently have have two secured cc Wells Fargo and cap one both at 300 cl that are 10 months old. Will opening a 3rd maybe a store card help? 

What should I do? What would the wise people of my fico do in my position?

Thank you all in advance for your time in reading this,

Exp 691 TU 664 FICO 9/22/14
Starting Score: 536
Current Score: 673
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Edward0215
New Contributor

Re: Stuck what should I do??

Oh and I got about 8 old student accounts nelnet ,dept of edu and sallie mae showing transferred&/sold from 2008 2 of them are due to fall off next year 

Message 2 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I would start by DVing the CAs for the debts you owe, once they respond, if they don't fold (delete the tradelines) then you can set up an PFD agreement. Make sure any debts you want to haggle with, make sure they are out of SOL. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

• If the other medical bill is recent, I would pay it. It's only $251.00.
  • I would not pay the Midland collection account because it's from October 2008. October 2014 will make it 6 years old which means it will fall off October 2015. If you pay it now, it will be on your credit report for another 7 years. 
  • What is the date on the $422 AT&T bill? Again, if it's within the past few years I would pay it. 
  • Regarding opening a store credit card, I would not do that. Interest rates on store credit cards is really high. Focus on getting your current credit cards to move from secured to unsecured credit cards. 
  • Last but not least, continue to save money for your house but don't rush it. 

As a side note, you want to make sure you learn the dos and don'ts when it comes to credit cards, develop a budget, and kick any bad habits you may have when it comes to money. Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The student loans are not going away. Have you tried consolidating them into one loan payment? If no, please try it. You never know when you may need to return to school, so I wouldn't default on these. How much do you owe in student loans?

Message 5 of 7
Edward0215
New Contributor

Thanks for the responses.

I know I completed a rehab program I think it's what it's called where I paid a collection agency for 12 month and then 12 month ago nelnet opened a new account and I have been paying on time for over a year. I owe $5670 it is split between two loans.

Message 6 of 7
Edward0215
New Contributor

Even though I disputed the ca with the cra and they resulted in verified. Should I still send a dv letter or just continuing trying for pfd?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.