Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Question

Good Morning Everyone Smiley Happy

I've finally taken up the pledge to clean up my credit history. College basically put a huge dent in my scores and history.

I've done a lot of searching of different threads and for some reason have not found an answer that satisfies my particular issue and if there is one then I aplogize!

I have 9 student loans currently under Fed Loan Servicing. These were taken from the 9 US Dept of Edu I had before the transfer. So now I have 18 gov't loans being reflected on my CR. Seven of my nine US Dept of Edu loans reflect a 90 day delinquency on April 2012. No 30 day. No 60 day. Just the one 90 day on those seven. Other than that, the US Dept of Edu has all good markings and my Fed Loan Servicing has all good markings. Also, do note that Fed Loan Servicing, thankfully, used the same open date for the installment loans. So if the 'oldest account' stuff here applies then I'm covered on that end. 

I was wondering should I send a GW to US Dept of Edu, Dispute them since they are Closed/Transferred Accounts (if that's even possible), or just leave them alone (Apr 2012 seems close enough to do negative damage). Though I've just created an account in the past few months, I've come to this site many times prior and it has been very knowledgeable. 

Also the open account dates on those seven range between Aug 2007 and Aug 2009

Thanks!

- Robb

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Question

BUMP

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Question

I had something similar and disputed them with the CRAs and they got cleaned up. I don't remember the specifics of what changed, but it was through disputing with the CRAs that changes happened.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.