Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans & CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loans & CC

Hi,

So i have a question i had some student loans from '11 which was 35k i was paying them ontime but then i fell off the wagon in '13 they where with PNC which total amout was 25k. But then in '16 they was picked up by SUNTRUST and i paid them 9k and i have since been paying them ontime with out missing a payment now there sitting at around 12k.

I have been looking at my CR and i have 5 closed account which state they was closed in 2013. How long do they stay as a negative remark on my CR.

I have 3 other negative remarks which are 

• Credit One $300 opened 2011 shows last report 2018 as negative Its in Collection Midland Funding
  • Paypal $400 opened 2011 shows charged off 2014 
  • Walmart $500 opened 2011 shows charged off 2015

Which i would like to try and remove those 2 off my CR i haven't recived any mail from debit collectors. Credit One its in collection. How would i go on trying to settle or pay them in full. Also would it affect my credit if i do or would it 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Loans & CC

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

So i have a question i had some student loans from '11 which was 35k i was paying them ontime but then i fell off the wagon in '13 they where with PNC which total amout was 25k. But then in '16 they was picked up by SUNTRUST and i paid them 9k and i have since been paying them ontime with out missing a payment now there sitting at around 12k.

I have been looking at my CR and i have 5 closed account which state they was closed in 2013. How long do they stay as a negative remark on my CR.

I have 3 other negative remarks which are 

• Credit One $300 opened 2011 shows last report 2018 as negative Its in Collection Midland Funding
  • Paypal $400 opened 2011 shows charged off 2014 
  • Walmart $500 opened 2011 shows charged off 2015

Which i would like to try and remove those 2 off my CR i haven't recived any mail from debit collectors. Credit One its in collection. How would i go on trying to settle or pay them in full. Also would it affect my credit if i do or would it 

COed accounts remain onfile for a max of 7.5 yrs from the accounts DoFD. If these credit cards are updating monthly then you would want to settle with them and try to get the PFD but that is tough with OCs. If they are not updating then you may not want to touch them if you cannot get the PFD as they will drop your Fico when they update to indicate 0 balance. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.