Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans through LOSFA

tag
kaybub
New Contributor

Student Loans through LOSFA

I know this may not be the correct place for this post, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway. I have 3 student loan accounts on my credit reports through LOSFA. I contacted them on facebook today to see about getting the lates removed and received this message: " As of July 2012, our office no longer handles student loans. If it was a loan that was originally gauranteed through LOSFA, you can call 18003312314. IF you know your orignal guaranteer, you can contact them as well."

When I called the number, it is NAVIENT. I currently have three accounts through them which are current never late. My question is, is there anyway that I can get the accounts from LOSFA deleted from my reports? These accounts have several lates.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kaybub
New Contributor

Re: Student Loans through LOSFA

bump

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loans through LOSFA

i don't know if it works with student loans - and you could get the entire tradeline deleted doing it -

But I disputed a Collection because when I called they told me they no longer handled collection matters - so I disputed it saying they didn't have authority to collect - and the collection was removed in like 2 days.

If LOSFA doesn't collect student loans....I would think you might be able to do the same thing - but I'm not positive - just guessing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.