cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards

Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards

I have two US Bank secured cards. $500 US Bank Card and $3000 US Bank issued Harley Davidson Card. I have submitted request for upgrading my secured cards to unsecure. They told me I'll know in a week. Just now I got an alert from TU they pulled Hard Inq. Next is to wait and see if they would unscure the card. They said I'll know in a week in writing.

12 REPLIES 12
MileHigh96
Regular Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards

How long have you had the cards secured? And good luck in getting them unsecured, fingers crossed for you!
BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021

Before discharge:

Since discharge:


FICO8 Scores on 08/19/2021:
Message 2 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards


@MileHigh96 wrote:
How long have you had the cards secured? And good luck in getting them unsecured, fingers crossed for you!

Harley 1 yr 8 months. US Bank 1 yr 5 months. Both issued by US Bank. Secured cards did their job. Let me see what they say. I have 8 secured cards and I want to slowly start consolidating them into 2-3 accounts so they are manageable.

Message 3 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards

Good luck!


Last App: 05/30/2021
Capital One Auto Refinance Loan

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 4 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards

Update: I called US Bank abput the product upgrade requests I submitted for my Secured Cards. They informed me  they upgraded both my Secured to cards to Unsecured Cards. I did not think US Bank will come through for me. I am so excited.

 

US Bank Card $500 CL about 1 year 5 months old / Harley Davidson Card $3000 CL about 1 year 8 months old. They said  change will take about 3-5 days in their system. Supposedly they will be sending me new cards in the mail.

 

I asked if I can have my US Bank Card Product Change to Altitude Go. They said I have to wait for the conversion to complete and then I can call them back and ask them to see what product change options and credit limit increases available. they pulled TU on twice. I beleive for one for each card. My Fico is around 649 on TU when they pulled.

 

I am not applying for any new cards and done with Credit building. (Well I dont want to say it too quickly. I want to see if Amex would do a PC for my Opitma Card to a regular card. If not then I might apply for a new Amex Card. Possibly with no AF card like Amex Amazon Card).

 

I am a Happy Camper. Finally I am in with a Prime Bank with Prime Cards. I am really excited. I have to patiently wait for many of the baddies to drop off from my reports and let the accounts age. Hopefully by 8/1/2022 my FICO scores should be higher in numbers.

 


@Red1Blue wrote:

I have two US Bank secured cards. $500 US Bank Card and $3000 US Bank issued Harley Davidson Card. I have submitted request for upgrading my secured cards to unsecure. They told me I'll know in a week. Just now I got an alert from TU they pulled Hard Inq. Next is to wait and see if they would unscure the card. They said I'll know in a week in writing.


 

Message 5 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards

Congrats on the upgrades!


Last App: 05/30/2021
Capital One Auto Refinance Loan

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 6 of 13
MileHigh96
Regular Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards

That's awesome, congrats!
BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021

Before discharge:

Since discharge:


FICO8 Scores on 08/19/2021:
Message 7 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards


@OmarGB9 wrote:

Congrats on the upgrades!


Thanks @OmarGB9. I am super excited.  I have 6 more secured cards none of them offer any benefits or cash back. But lot of money in security deposits in these cards. I have to figure out what to do about the remaning secured cards. I don't think they will graduate and become unsecure. I guess I might leave them the way they are and keep paying the AF and let them age. If they do allow me to CLD and take out some deposit then I might keep those accounts open and let them age and take out some cash and move them to other secured cards I have which offer benefits and cash back.  It is a good day. Lot of hardwork and gardening finally paying off.

Message 8 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards


@MileHigh96 wrote:
That's awesome, congrats!

Thanks @MileHigh96 I am super excited. This is the best thing happend to me after the recent Apple Card Approval.

Message 9 of 13
40thieves
Valued Member

Re: Submitted Upgrade Request for US Bank Secured Cards


@Red1Blue wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Congrats on the upgrades!


Thanks @OmarGB9. I am super excited.  I have 6 more secured cards none of them offer any benefits or cash back. But lot of money in security deposits in these cards. I have to figure out what to do about the remaning secured cards. I don't think they will graduate and become unsecure. I guess I might leave them the way they are and keep paying the AF and let them age. If they do allow me to CLD and take out some deposit then I might keep those accounts open and let them age and take out some cash and move them to other secured cards I have which offer benefits and cash back.  It is a good day. Lot of hardwork and gardening finally paying off.


US Bank is finicky AF, so if they are willing to unsecure both of your cards, the odds are that you have moved beyond the need for secured cards at all and could replace them with "regular" cards.  

If you close your remaining secured lines that won't graduate, they'll still be counted in your average age for the next ten years.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.