cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subpoena from LVNV funding LLC assignee of North Star Capital from Moneylion of Michigan LLC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subpoena from LVNV funding LLC assignee of North Star Capital from Moneylion of Michigan LLC

Today I got a subpoena in the mail that has the planitiff listed as LVNV funding LLC

then in the To section it says "assignee of North Star Capital from Moneylion of Michigan LLC".

They are asking me to submit copy or a screen shot of: 

Most recent loan, credit or other application

Most recent checking / savings account statement

Bank routing number used to make online or telephone payments

Front and back of most recent check received.

I do have a loan with Moneylion (was a credit builder type loan) which is my second $500 loan with them.  I paid the first loan off early and am current with my payments on the loan I have with them now.

I have not contacted the lawyer's phone number listed on there, wanted to come here and see how I should proceed.  I cannot afford a lawyer or credit repair service at this time.  

Since my Moneylion is current I feel they are actually fishing for information so they can sue me or scoop out all the money from my bank for other older accounts they have or want to buy.  I've read they have a habit of trying to collect on old loans and credit cards past the statute of limitations.

I do have older accounts that were charged off but none of them have LVNV funding listed as the collector.

Possibly what triggered this is that I have finally gotten my credit score up to a 640 and qualified for two capital one cards (one this month).  I'm trying to rebuild my credit to get a home improvement loan or home equity loan, (my house is paid off but roof is leaking and many things not up to code, being threatened with eviction by the city if I don't correct these soon) so I am desperate to try to protect my fragile score and the small amount of money in my bank account.

Any advice welcome as to how to proceed!  I tried to include all the fact but will share other information if needed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Subpoena from LVNV funding LLC assignee of North Star Capital from Moneylion of Michigan LLC

I would first ascertain if a judgment has been granted in this, if not I would not even respond, a subpoena can only be issued by a court under an order of examination of the debtor. If you are current then I would say its a mistake to begin with unless they have some other debt that is unpaid they are phishing info for. Its also possible the whole thing is bogus and a plain phishing exercise. I would contact Moneylion of Michigan directly to see what this is all about.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Subpoena from LVNV funding LLC assignee of North Star Capital from Moneylion of Michigan LLC

When I call Moneylion their representatives say they know nothing about it, but they aren't usually very helpful, took them weeks to even switch my bank account to another bank when my local bank was bought out so that I could pay the payment (had to do it manually with a debit card but I kept current).  I've emailed their support email, not holding my breath.  I really regret getting involved with them, but it did help my credit score when I paid off the first loan.

It is a subpoena directly from the court here and I'm afraid to just ignore it though.  It is signed by the judge July 19, 2019.  I don't see any date on there that states how much time I have to respond. 

The bottom of the page says I will be held in contempt of court should I fail to respond.

Message 3 of 5
superdad
Regular Contributor

Contact the district clerk of courts and give them the info "there should be a docket number on the supoena"  and see if there's anything on the court calender.  If not, toss it and dont worry about it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is a case number (I'm assuming that's the same as a docket number) in the right hand corner.

I'll call the court tomorrow and see what they can tell me and will update here.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.