cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Story (Almost 200 Points in 6 Weeks)

tag
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Success Story (Almost 200 Points in 6 Weeks)

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all of your wonderful words of advice and encouragement. Had it not been for me accidentally finding this forum, I would not be able to be where I am today.

On June 10, 2008 I stumbled upon this forum while searching for a way to repair mine & DH's credit. Once I found it, I was addicted. Never had I read so much valuable & reliable information about credit all in one place. I've spent countless sleepless nights reading until I thought I would be blind. But it paid off!

In a little over 6 weeks I have accomplished something that I thought would take years to do. On 6/10 DH's scores ranged from 520-540 on all 3 CRA's. Today I pulled his scores after his last CA was removed and his scores are 713 (TU) 632 (EX). I'm not even mentioning EQ because I think they have a vendetta against us. We're still fighting them but I am ecstatic over the progress of the others.

On my first day on the forum, I read this post and I was totally amazed. I could not believe that it could be done. Now here I am almost with the same results.

Again I want to say thank you to EVERYONE!!!!!! All I can do now is hope that EQ will have change of heart. I also want to pay it forward so that others can be helped as well!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Re: Success Story (Almost 200 Points in 6 Weeks)

WOW..Congratz!!!! Keep the encouragements coming. I was just about to give up. It is really time consuming to be fighting with these CAs and CRAs. Smiley Mad
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

I have just really been the past week learning and reading and you have given me great hope.
I have 5 yr timeline now you make me feel like I can do it sooner.

Me and my hubby scores are all in the low 500's and I just want to see the 600 in the next year or two.

My issues are all we have is tons of collections accounts on out crdet reports. Did you have any and how did you deal with them.

Any advise would be appreciated.

SO great to hear that you did it! Thanks for the encourgement.

Leah

Message 3 of 14
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Leah, I just sent you a PM.

Tryin2, thanks but all the credit goes to everyone on the board! I could not have accomplished this without them. Yes I did get discouraged many times. But I had to keep going because my family's financial future depended on it.

If I didn't keep going, the JDB's & CRA's would continue to profit off of my past mistakes. I am far from being done. I still have to fight EQ and after that is done then I have to begin to repair and rebuild my own credit. I just couldn't work on both at the same time...

When you feel yourself getting discouraged, put it down for a day or so and focus on something else, then come back to it. That is how I managed to continue. I just couldn't afford to give up.

I wish you the best and let me know if I can help in any way!!
Message 4 of 14
gracie22
Established Member

wow nice, stories like this keep me motivated about chasing down the FICO dream.......whats that song.....? Don't Stop Believin? lol Smiley Very Happy

"You're only as strong as your weakest FICO"
16JUL08 EX559 EQ528 TU483 ----
21JUL14 EX649 EQ682 TU683
9SEP14 Discover FICO EQ 700
Message 5 of 14
GettingBetter66
New Contributor

Congratulations to you!  I to have had success after reading all the advice I found here.  Over 100 points 490 to 653 at one and 490 to 594 the other CB.  Transunion is lagging way behind with an increase of only 53 but I hope they get on board soon and that one will go up as well.  I am starting my second round to get the few straggles taken care of and then I will have pretty decent numbers!  I'm also off the the mortgage broker today to see if I can get the loan I tried for with my low numbers to go through this time.  She seems to think they will!  Keep up the good work and again good job!
Message 6 of 14
GettingBetter66
New Contributor

My scores were in 490/490/523 when I started this in the middle of May.  I have had an increase of 100 points in just over a month at two of the CB and 50 at the other.  It's a lot of hard work and organization is the key, but well worth it in the end!

And in my experience if they put it on the credit report, they can take it off!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success.  It's great to know where there is a will there is a way!

I know this has been a tough road for you....but the results speak for themselves!

Again, great work!
Message 8 of 14
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on your success. It's great to know where there is a will there is a way!
I know this has been a tough road for you....but the results speak for themselves!
Again, great work!

Thanks, we're not done yet but this is a great start. I know you are working hard for your children and that is so commendable. It is a difficult task to undergo for yourself so I can only imagine how much effort you have to extend to do it for someone else. I applaud you!!! What a mother won't do for her children!!!!!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wahmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on your success. It's great to know where there is a will there is a way!
Again, great work!

Thanks, we're not done yet but this is a great start. I know you are working hard for your children and that is so commendable. It is a difficult task to undergo for yourself so I can only imagine how much effort you have to extend to do it for someone else. I applaud you!!! What a mother won't do for her children!!!!!

Yes, it is taking a lot of time and effort, but I know it will be worth it when the work is complete.
On a personal note, my MIL who is a 73 year old insulin dependent diabetic just underwent amputation of her right leg day before yesterday (below the knee).  She and my SIL have lived with us since Katrina.  My SIL is having a new house built around the corner, but it appears my husband and I will be taking care of my MIL during the day.  So, the "credit cleaning operation" will benefit our entire family as we will be able to refinance our home and lower the payments.  I have always believed if you do good things good will come back to you.  Kind of the same thing as "What goes around comes around!"
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.