Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success, or at least I think...TU del w/o score change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success, or at least I think...TU del w/o score change

So I finally heard back on 3 collection records I had disputed though CK.  The resolution came back as deleted on all three.  I processed this all through CK, but even though they are deleted the score didn't change at all.  Based on what I've seen and been told, these accounts, even though they had been previously settled, were still significantly hurting my score.  Do I take this to mean that they weren't really impacting it, or that it just might take a few weeks for the impact to be seen?  This did conclude on the specific day that my CK score refreshed, so I guess it's possible that it refreshed using the old data?  

I do still have a single medical colletion showing on TU via CK.  It's from 9 months ago and was paid in full.  Maybe reducing from 4 collections to one, just doesn't improve my score?  I do also have some other accounts with lates, but all are well over a year old and those have been there the entire time and obviously have an overall impact, but shouldn't be a factor in whether or not I'd see an improvement, I don't think.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Success, or at least I think...TU del w/o score change

@Anonymous wrote:

So I finally heard back on 3 collection records I had disputed though CK.  The resolution came back as deleted on all three.  I processed this all through CK, but even though they are deleted the score didn't change at all.  Based on what I've seen and been told, these accounts, even though they had been previously settled, were still significantly hurting my score.  Do I take this to mean that they weren't really impacting it, or that it just might take a few weeks for the impact to be seen?  This did conclude on the specific day that my CK score refreshed, so I guess it's possible that it refreshed using the old data?  

I do still have a single medical colletion showing on TU via CK.  It's from 9 months ago and was paid in full.  Maybe reducing from 4 collections to one, just doesn't improve my score?  I do also have some other accounts with lates, but all are well over a year old and those have been there the entire time and obviously have an overall impact, but shouldn't be a factor in whether or not I'd see an improvement, I don't think.  

CK is a Fako its the Vantage 3.0 which few lenders use. You need real Ficos to know where you stand. With Fico the best increase is when the final derog is removed. Paid collections or charge offs are still scored negatively the entire time they are on file with lessening effect as the item ages from date of latest update.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.