Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with NCO Financial!

tag
chrisjitsu
Established Member

Success with NCO Financial!

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been trying to take better care of my credit, so I pulled my reports, looked at all the negatives, signed up for ScoreWatch and finally started asking questions on the forums. I can't tell you what a help everyone has been.

One of the things that was hurting me was a debt collection from NCO on behalf of 1&1 webhosting that posted February, 2010. I tried contacting 1&1 to get more info, but they didn't have any of my account info, so I started to question if I actually owed something. When I called NCO to get more information, they had none that they were willing to give and also tried to get me to pay more than what was being reported. I wrote a hybrid DV/PFD to NCO financial via email, basically stating that the OC cannot verify me having an account with them. But because the amount was minimal, $40, I was willing to pay it in return for a delete. I sent this 11/24/2010.

Yesterday, I received a Score Watch notification the my score had risen 32 points! I figured it had to be a successful removal of a recent negative, but was not sure what it was. Today, to my surprise, I received a letter from NCO stating they had removed the info from the credit bureaus and closed the account. The letter basically states that for more info on the supposed debt, please contact the OC at this address. Should I follow up with the OC? If there is a debt, I'd much rather pay it to them so I can avoid any more run ins with CAs. But they haven't been able to verify my account... its like I've been purged from their system.

Thanks to all for posting their experiences of rebuilding their credit. It helped me tremendously! 

Starting Score: EQ: 659 (1/21/11 via myFico SW), TU: 689 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 635 FAKO
Current Score: EQ: 755 (1/25/11 via myFico SW), TU: 762 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 754
Goal Score: 760+ on all scores

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: Success with NCO Financial!

Would you pleae PM me the email address you used?

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Message 2 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@chrisjitsu wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been trying to take better care of my credit, so I pulled my reports, looked at all the negatives, signed up for ScoreWatch and finally started asking questions on the forums. I can't tell you what a help everyone has been.

One of the things that was hurting me was a debt collection from NCO on behalf of 1&1 webhosting that posted February, 2010. I tried contacting 1&1 to get more info, but they didn't have any of my account info, so I started to question if I actually owed something. When I called NCO to get more information, they had none that they were willing to give and also tried to get me to pay more than what was being reported. I wrote a hybrid DV/PFD to NCO financial via email, basically stating that the OC cannot verify me having an account with them. But because the amount was minimal, $40, I was willing to pay it in return for a delete. I sent this 11/24/2010.

Yesterday, I received a Score Watch notification the my score had risen 32 points! I figured it had to be a successful removal of a recent negative, but was not sure what it was. Today, to my surprise, I received a letter from NCO stating they had removed the info from the credit bureaus and closed the account. The letter basically states that for more info on the supposed debt, please contact the OC at this address. Should I follow up with the OC? If there is a debt, I'd much rather pay it to them so I can avoid any more run ins with CAs. But they haven't been able to verify my account... its like I've been purged from their system.

Thanks to all for posting their experiences of rebuilding their credit. It helped me tremendously! 

First off, congrats on the NCO removal & that sweet score boost!!!!

Next, about the OC...are they reporting anything on your reports?  If so, does it say a $0 balance?  I'm guessing they aren't there at all, but I'd not contact them til you come back here with IF and HOW they are reporting.  That is something you always want to check before paying off a CA.  If the OC is reporting a balance it's always better to pay the OC & DV the CA to get a removal.

If they're not there...let sleeping dogs lie...they've sold the acct.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 12
MFSER
Established Member

Can someone please pm me the address as well.....

Starting Score: TU 611 EQ 606
Current Score: TU 630 EQ 646
Goal Score: 760

Message 4 of 12
Poet34
Valued Member

Congratulations on your NCO success!

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 5 of 12
chrisjitsu
Established Member

No, the OC is not reporting anything. I guess for now, I'm in the clear.

Starting Score: EQ: 659 (1/21/11 via myFico SW), TU: 689 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 635 FAKO
Current Score: EQ: 755 (1/25/11 via myFico SW), TU: 762 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 754
Goal Score: 760+ on all scores

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi chrisjitsu! I actually had the EXACT same situation. I had a 1 1 internet thing that I didn't even know about and I thought I canceled the subscription that was collected by NCO. Anyways, I don't think they will put anything on your report...they haven't on mine and it's been like 4 years. 

Message 7 of 12
Jackal24

Can someone please pm me the best email for NCO.

Thanks

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could someone please PM me the email address for NCO Financial. Thanks in advance!

Message 9 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

I'd rest easy - I DVd NCO about 2 debts last summer.  They deleted both, saying they couldn't verify, and they haven't re-appeared.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.