cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Credit Rebuilding - Thank You!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful Credit Rebuilding - Thank You!

I am not sure that I am posting this in the right category, but here goes. I have been a lurker on here for awhile and this may be my first or second post.

My financial situation has always been poor. I accepted that I would never have good credit, never finance a car from a dealership, never own a home, never be able to have credit cards, etc.

In August of 2014, I was barely approved for a car loan and it had a "not so great" APR. In Dec 2014 I was approved for a Dressbarn card with a SL of $300. I was super excited because I had actually been approved for something. I only applied so I could get the rejection letter and see what my score was. My Credit Score was around 550. I spent time reading through the forum and many threads, taking in bits of advice and tips from all of you. Fast forward to now...

1. Credit score is now 676 (last time I checked)

2. Cummulative total credit from all cards is $39K

3. Four major credit cards: Chase Freedom CL $3500, Wells Fargo Visa SL $4K, Discover SL $800, Ebay MC SL $700

4. Many store cards ranging from Pottery Barn, Target, Walmart, JC Penny's, Kohls, Dressbarn, HSN and quite a few more. CL range from $500 to $4K

I just wanted to share that it is possible even when you think your situation is dire and you can't see a way out. My credit has always been really bad, over 100K in student loans, many collections and charge offs. I came to believe that was just "my story" and learned to live with it. Finally I woke up and decided to at least try and change it. It has only been two years and what a difference!!

I am very thankful for all of you that post so much information, advice and tools to help us find our way.

Trina

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful Credit Rebuilding - Thank You!

heck ya, Lady! congrats on your success. What happened with the $100k student loans?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The student loans are still there. I am hoping to start tackling them next.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, congratulations!  That's impressive!  Can I ask you for advice? I want to buy a house in about 8 months and I am at a loss. I had sent Goodwill letters and PFD and nothing. My credit is bad, around 550 for the mortgage scores. Thank you for advance. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.