Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful PFD w/Asset Acceptance?

tag
geekhou05
New Contributor

Re: Successful PFD w/Asset Acceptance?

Would someone please send me the email address for the person at Asset Acceptance who is known for PFDs?

Thanks.

I have a debt with then for $591, just received a settlement for $177, but I would like for them to delete, vs. reported!

Message 21 of 42
geekhou05
New Contributor

@geekhou05 wrote:

Would someone please send me the email address for the person at Asset Acceptance who is known for PFDs?

Thanks.

I have a debt with then for $591, just received a settlement for $177, but I would like for them to delete, vs. reported!

All - I just noticed that Asset is not reporting on any of my CR!!! Should I continue with the PFD attempt? I intend to send them the following:

Dear Asset Acceptance,

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt isdisputed. I am not sure of the accuracy of this account, as I have never receivedproper validation from your office or the alleged original creditor, WFNNB.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account asnoted in your letter to me, dated August 5, 2009 for $177.56, only if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any andall credit reporting agencies. The purposeof this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files andis not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in anyform.

If you agree to theterms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount willbe sent to your office in exchange for full deletion of ALL referencesregarding this account from my credit reports and a letter from AssetAcceptance noting that this account is satisfied and closed. As certified fundswill be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletionof this account from the credit reporting agencies.

Asset Acceptance LLC agreesto delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reportingagencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment asspecified above and send me notification that the payment has been received andthe trade lines have been removed my credit reports.

If you agree to theabove terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitlyagreeing to the same terms as the above offer, with an exact amount to be paid andhave it signed by an authorized representative of your company. At the timethat this letter was constructed, the amount currently being offered is $177.56. It will be implied that this letter shallconstitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of the Stateof Texas.

Your response must bepostmarked no later than 30 days from your receipt of this settlement offer orthis offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this allegeddebt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Thank You, 

Message 22 of 42
geekhou05
New Contributor

bump
Message 23 of 42
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Geekhous,

I just want to offer you a bit of advice with these guys. I think they are totally sleazy. I paid the agreed amount for a deletion. Through some bs "compliance officer"....my deletion was approved by this compliance manager.... They never did delete the account, even me AFTER I paid a settlment letter, signed stating that they would remove. They didn't follow up on their end of the deal. I will sue them if it doesn't get removed...

Do not talk to them on the phone. They will record you. Only communicate by mail.

They did some funky reporting things - one day they had me marked as 120 days past due AFTER I paid the agreed upon amount. They re- opened it....they reported it with a balance due one day, to open, to closed, to open again.....then the latest is now paid with a zero balance....they are the worst. The slimiest of slime....

NEVER TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE, PLEASE don't make the mistake I did. I was so anxious to get rid o fhte very last collection...

Take the proper steps. DV them....PFD letters....keep sending them...check out their website and the head people...but never ever talk to them on the phone. snakes...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 42
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

AA is now off all of my CRs. I reported them to the Michigan AG and I didn't hear anything from the AG for about 4-6 weeks. Out of the blue they sent me a later stating they are working on my case with AA and will be in touch.

Sometime last month, I noticed AA deleted from each of my reports. I didn't know why because they previously deleted from 2 only to reappear the next month. This time they remained deleted. Last week I received a letter from Michigan AG wanting to know my status with AA. I am writing them a letter today thanking them for their help. 

I don't know what they did, but I hear the MI AG is really hard on AA. They have violated too many laws there. I was really surprised because I live in GA and didn't expect them to do anything for me. 

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get AA to validate. I have 2 accounts that are reporting with them, one is almost 7 years old and the other is about 3 years old.  I have mailed separate DV letters on two occasions, and the only response I received was a piece of paper that says the original creditor, the amount and the date AA started their collections.   

Thank you

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

can someone pm me the email info to do the PFD. Also did they take a settlement offer to pfd or did you have to PIF

thanks in advance

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone plz pm me this info too? I am wanting to get a pfd too. I appreciate it
Message 28 of 42
wmcodywilson
New Contributor

Can you PM me the info please? Im battling with them now but Ive had no luck so far.

Starting Score: EQ 489 1/2012 TU 493 1/2012
Current Score: EQ 547 5/2012 TU 562 5/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 42
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Please pm me please help us all from the debt zombies. We need ccontacts

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.