Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful PFD w/Asset Acceptance?

tag
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

Successful PFD w/Asset Acceptance?

Did anyone ever get in touch with a contact to get a PFD with Asset? My balance is too high to try and falls off next April, so I'm not interested for myself.

But I was wondering what the outcome was for many of you that may have tried.

I'm still battling with them through the BBB. They claim I should file a ID theft report to clear up the account because I told them I never had an account with Citi that was double the amount listed and then some. They are supposed to be waiting on Citi to send the actual balance to BBB. That'll never happen. 

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
roosevelt3
Established Member

Re: Successful PFD w/Asset Acceptance?

Can you give me the contact information that you mentioned a while back the poster used to PFD Asset Acceptance? I definitely want to try it.   Thanks. 
Message 2 of 42
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

Not sure what is going to come of this but I had to try something.  I have been doing the back and forth PFD letters for four months with Asset with no results, so I emailed the President/CEO of Asset the othe rnight ande asked him why they would not accept a PFD, but were willing to offer 50% settlement instead.  He responded the next morning a t 7:30am with an email saying he was sorry I was having such a hard time with his cust. service and forwarded my email to the Vice-President/Compliance officer and asked him to get in touch with me ASAP. That was yesterday, no response yet from Compliance Officer.  At least I feel like I connected with someone that actually read something I sent.  If it works, I will post email addresses.

Follow-up:  I did get an email response from compliance director telling me someone would be calling me that afternoon.  We had some missed calls for a few days and the holiday but connected today.  she said the director had okayed the PFD!!  So I paid over the phone (receipt for paid in full sent) and she faxed over a copy of letter to CRA asking them to remove all record of this.  I have no idea how or why, guess I just got lucky, only ones to thank ar MYFICO members for letting me pick their brains for results.

As soon as it has been deleted on CRA, I will be glad to pass on any info to anyone interested through PM.

Thansk Again MYFICO!

Message Edited by hopeful5 on 07-06-2009 12:25 PM
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a sucessful PFD with Asset Acceptance.

It took ALOT of effort and TIME! I sent 30+ PFD letters over a one year period PLUS emails PLUS TONS of Faxes. I made the faxes unique, funny, used pictures, greeting cards in the mail etc (i really wanted this off)

Then i called them and im pretty sure they were sick of me stalking so they agreed to do it over the phone and faxed the PFD then i stayed on the phone and payed them right there. It was removed.

Message 4 of 42
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Raaainbow79 wrote:

I had a sucessful PFD with Asset Acceptance.

It took ALOT of effort and TIME! I sent 30+ PFD letters over a one year period PLUS emails PLUS TONS of Faxes. I made the faxes unique, funny, used pictures, greeting cards in the mail etc (i really wanted this off)

Then i called them and im pretty sure they were sick of me stalking so they agreed to do it over the phone and faxed the PFD then i stayed on the phone and payed them right there. It was removed.

Persistence!
Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you PM me the email adress you used thanks?
Message 6 of 42
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

@ Raainbow I hope others are encouraged by this. Seems like persistence indeed helped you.

@ Hopeful Keep us posted as to your results. Finding a bigwig doesn't hurt.

07/24/11 TU 735
Message 7 of 42
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

Asset Acceptance deleted from EQ and Ex today...waiting on TU.  I will fax letter to them if it doesn't drop soon.! 
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 8 of 42
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

This is excellent news. After, you all squared away, please email the info to  me, so I can use it incase I win the lottery. I guess I won't need it then, but who knows, I may feel generous.

Thanks for updating.

07/24/11 TU 735
Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you PM me the email address you used?

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.