Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sue the CRA???

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Sue the CRA???

Has anyone ever sued or attempted to sue a CRA?  Should I call them and inform them of my intentions if the matter is not resolved immediately or should I just go file a claim and allow the courts to handle the situation? 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sue the CRA???

EDub357 wrote:
Has anyone ever sued or attempted to sue a CRA?  Should I call them and inform them of my intentions if the matter is not resolved immediately or should I just go file a claim and allow the courts to handle the situation? 

Yes, they've been sued.

You can send an ITS letter. I wouldn't call them and inform them.

I'd send the letter that way you are giving them a chance to correct whatever mistake it is.

Message 2 of 4
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Only reason I'd call is because I need an immediate resolution.  Maybe I could do both.  Why shouldn't I call them and inform them of my intentions?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDub357 wrote:
Only reason I'd call is because I need an immediate resolution.  Maybe I could do both.  Why shouldn't I call them and inform them of my intentions?

Generally, before you sue you should attempt to resolve the situation.

You can call and then when it gets in court it is he said, she said.

CRA: "Well, your honor, had we been given a chance to correct this situation, we would have."

You: "Well, your honor, I did call them"

Your honor: "Do you have proof of said call and what exactly was said?"

You need a paper trail. Signed greencards, CM lables, copies of letters, etc. That is all evidence. Without evidence, you are wasting your time and money in court.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.