Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suprise! Cap One CLI!

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Suprise! Cap One CLI!

@marathonmama24 wrote:

So I've been reading about the luv button to get a CLI, so I went to my Cap One account today. Low and behold, they've upped my limit to $1,500! And I didn't even have to do anything! I know it's not much, but our card has been at $500 for years now with no love from Cap One. What a great suprise!

Congrats on the CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@marathonmama24 wrote:

So I've been reading about the luv button to get a CLI, so I went to my Cap One account today. Low and behold, they've upped my limit to $1,500! And I didn't even have to do anything! I know it's not much, but our card has been at $500 for years now with no love from Cap One. What a great suprise!

Grats to your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  Every little bit helps!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 18
steele70
Established Member

Congrats on your CLI! I had contacted someone via their online chat about a week ago. He told me to call an automated number to submit for a CLI. Yesterday, I received a letter in my documents that said they do not increase CLI's based on request from the customer. Guess I have to wait until they feel generous again!

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 618
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
marathonmama24
Regular Contributor

Well they certainly were feeling generous. We'd called and asked previously (many years ago) and they said they were "not doing CLI at this time." Weird response, but OK. Glad to see some of my hard work paying off and finally getting that bump!

Thanks for all the love, guys!! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
mandar13077
Established Member

The same thing happend to me from my old Orchard card. My limit was $320 and they bumped me up to $750 without me asking. Must be all the love I have been giving my Quicksilver card the past 6 months. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It's spring, and Cap1 love is in the air.....  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 18
Catasi

Congratulations to you!  I had a similar thing happen to me around Christmas.  I was paying my Cap One bill online and was confused at first, as my credit line was supposed to be $750 but now said $2250.  I had to keep rereading the limit...I couldn't believe it.  It was a very nice surprise! 

Starting Score: EQ: 517 EX: 530 as of 1/4/2013
Current Score: EX 622 EQ FICO 637
Goal Score: 700 (650 by 12/30/2014)

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.