cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise, capitalone holds up their end.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise, capitalone holds up their end.....

Awoke this morning to find a 300 Auto CLI on my 99dn/200, secured platinum card.  Exactly on the morning of 6th statement cut.  I ran it up and paid in full 2X each month for the 1st 5 months, making sure to pay it off 3 days ago.

Discover on the other hand, now @ 18 months,  I gave up on it long ago, and just let it ride, paying around 100.00/month of it's 600.00 CL, once in a while I pay it off around statement cut, but I have my doubts that it will ever "graduate" at this point, I think I'll pay it off and sock drawer for 6 months if no grad., just close it and get my deposit back.  Unfortunately, it's my oldest. :sigh:

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Surprise, capitalone holds up their end.....

Closed accounts remain on file for up to 10 years post close so its not that big of a deal especially on a secured card.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprise, capitalone holds up their end.....

Have you tried messaging Discover via their app? I had the secured card for 3 years until recently when I asked. Granted, for 2 years the card was almost max. In the last 8 months, I tackled it down from 1000 (my limit) to zero. Since Aug, I only purposely carried less than 100. My score was 644 as of the graduation. They graduated me when I sent the message, and also gave me a 500 CLI. Took about one week to get a check for my deposit.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.