Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet! Unsolicited CLI on Overstock!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Unsolicited CLI on Overstock!

Was definitely not expecting this. 

Got an email from Comenity, figured it was just the usual "Don't forget you have available credit, come spend money!" email. Was completely surprised to see I got a $500 CLI without even asking. 

For reference, I'm currently at a zero balance, and my fifth statement cut earlier this month. I've put $344 through the card in that time, paying off my initial purchase immediately, and then paying off a larger purchase on a no-interest/installment type of thing. I've paid no interest this year on this card Smiley Happy 

This, combined with my Cap 1 Credit Steps CLI which I should receive next week, will provide a nice boost to my available credit and lower my reported UTI for October. It wasn't really planned but we're taking a chance on buying a house. I'm not sure my scores will be good enough, but we're hopeful and have a contingency plan. 

A nice surprise for what I assumed would be a mundane Thursday. Anyone know how long it takes comenity to report the new limit to the bureaus? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sweet! Unsolicited CLI on Overstock!

My experience has been that Comenity won't report a new credit limit until you use the card so a statement generates.  However, perhaps someone has newer information on this that may have changed.

Congrats on your increase!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience has been that Comenity won't report a new credit limit until you use the card so a statement generates.  However, perhaps someone has newer information on this that may have changed.

Congrats on your increase!

That would irk me ... I suppose I could buy something super cheap and pay it off immediately, but still. 

Thanks! It was a nice surprise! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent used my OS account for 5 months. I get a CLI every month. Every month it reports the new CL

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an e-mail too! I thought it was just an e-mail reminding me to come shop because it said "Get More of What You Love" but when I opened it up SURPRISE "your spending power just increased". I just got the card in July and my 3rd statement is about to cut. I was super surprised...I think they're feeling generous because of the holidays coming. LOL. I'm not complaining because my nieces needed winter boots/coats and the next day, overstock started their anniversary sale.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was definitely not expecting this. 

Got an email from Comenity, figured it was just the usual "Don't forget you have available credit, come spend money!" email. Was completely surprised to see I got a $500 CLI without even asking. 

For reference, I'm currently at a zero balance, and my fifth statement cut earlier this month. I've put $344 through the card in that time, paying off my initial purchase immediately, and then paying off a larger purchase on a no-interest/installment type of thing. I've paid no interest this year on this card Smiley Happy 

This, combined with my Cap 1 Credit Steps CLI which I should receive next week, will provide a nice boost to my available credit and lower my reported UTI for October. It wasn't really planned but we're taking a chance on buying a house. I'm not sure my scores will be good enough, but we're hopeful and have a contingency plan. 

A nice surprise for what I assumed would be a mundane Thursday. Anyone know how long it takes comenity to report the new limit to the bureaus? 

So to answer my own question and for others who may be curious ... I got the CLI on 9/29. 

My statement cuts on the 9th of the month. 

My $500 CLI reported on Saturday, 10/15. And I never purchased anything on the new limit. Smiley Happy Got a nice little 4 point bump on EX too ... not a lot, but every bit helps Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I don't have any experience on when they report but I'm happy for your CLI 😊

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.