cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swing and a miss!! Goodwill letter

Highlighted
New Contributor

Swing and a miss!! Goodwill letter

Passing some time last month at work on a night shift looking through the forums reading about goodwill letters. I have some old lates on a mortgage with Chase.(2013 & 2014)

I knew it would be a longshot, (as is everything with Chase) , but i figured what the heck, I'll type one up. Fold it up real nice and stuff it in an envelope. Just to get home to find no stamp haha.

A week or so later, I remember to go to the post office for a stamp, and toss it in the mailbox. I get the mail tonight and see an envelope from Chase. I get the excited, nervous feeling but I knew what the letter said before I opened it. Yep! The standard, "Unfortunately we do not update credit reporting based on courtesy or goodwill requests".

Oh well, they will be gone in 3 more dreadful years. Well that's my story, better luck to everyone out there trying gw letters and everything else your striving to accomplish.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Swing and a miss!! Goodwill letter

Did you send just the one single letter?

03/19/19
Experian: 571 | Equifax: 563 | TransUnion: 563

04/06/19
Experian: 591 | Equifax: 566 | TransUnion: 577
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yeah just the one. Won't happen with Chase so I'm out.

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted

Keep sending them a letter on a schedule of one every 2-3 months, best shot is in the last year of reporting.

Adding: If those are 30s its doubtful they are affecting your Fico much at all if any as an individual 30 tends to only affect Fico for the first 2 yrs.

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Chase I hear you there.  We have a few lates from Dec 2012, I have sent 20+ GW letters they won't budge. It falls off end of the year but wanted it off earlier,  no dice ever with them it appears.

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
New Contributor

All together there's 3-30's, 4-60's and 1-90.

The 60's are from Oct,Nov, Dec 2014 and Feb 2015

The 90 is Jan 2015.

There was some pot holes in my road back then lol. I will prevail with time. Thanks all for the replies. Maybe I'll try again from time to time. Can't hurt, all they can say is no.

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted

@Jmbamman wrote:
All together there's 3-30's, 4-60's and 1-90.

The 60's are from Oct,Nov, Dec 2014 and Feb 2015

The 90 is Jan 2015.

There was some pot holes in my road back then lol. I will prevail with time. Thanks all for the replies. Maybe I'll try again from time to time. Can't hurt, all they can say is no.

I would keep trying on the 60s and that 90 they will affect Fico the entire time onfile.

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm curious to know, do you think whomever received the letter looked up the account to see what I was talking about?

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Jmbamman wrote:
I'm curious to know, do you think whomever received the letter looked up the account to see what I was talking about?

Also recently sent GW to Chase - same result as you. Their response to me indicated that they had looked up the pertinent account info, as the message was edited to my situation.

Sep 2020: EQ 713, EX 711, TU 709 (Mar 2017: 550's)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.