Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swiss Colony

tag
lauramg80
Valued Member

Swiss Colony

I have a chargeoff from Swiss Colony from 2008. I would really like to pay it and get it out of the way but I am worried about how they will update my report. Has anyone had an experience with paying a chargeoff with them?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Re: Swiss Colony

Generally speaking, if you pay in full a charged off account, it should be updated as paid charge off with a zero balance. How is it reporting now? What concerns do you have about how they will update it?
Message 2 of 9
lauramg80
Valued Member

I have read (on other forums) where people paid their chargeoff and rather than Swiss Colony updating to paid chargeoff they updated to all lates as if the account was still open. Making the lates look recent.

Message 3 of 9
mmb
Established Member

I'm actually dealing with Swiss Colony on something similar right now. They're pretty awful. I had an account that was opened in late '05, went to delinquent in late '06 and I ended up paying in full in Feb '07. They reported to all three credit agencies as a charge-off in September of '11. I've been disputing it since and all that's accomplishing is that now it looks like a more recent charge-off on my report! It's ridiculous.

Message 4 of 9
sorrella19

I am dealing with the same thing....I paid the full amount to a collections company-too many many calls to them to even get a paid in full letter yet Swiss Colony is still reporting as charged off and delinquent.  Is it true that the account would still be reporting a balance of 296 if it was charged off AND sole to third party  AND paid by me?  I have disputed, sent the paid in full letter to all three bureaus and nothing works....any advice would be helpful!

492: 800
566: 800
700: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

OP, pull your credit reports, and find out how this CO is reporting.

If it shows charge off status, and a zero balance, that typically means that a collection agency has become the owner of the past debt.

Message 6 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@sorrella19 wrote:

I am dealing with the same thing....I paid the full amount to a collections company-too many many calls to them to even get a paid in full letter yet Swiss Colony is still reporting as charged off and delinquent.  Is it true that the account would still be reporting a balance of 296 if it was charged off AND sole to third party  AND paid by me?  I have disputed, sent the paid in full letter to all three bureaus and nothing works....any advice would be helpful!

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

This thread was started a year and a half ago, so those posters may or may not be actively on the forums now.

Can you copy/paste, how this tradeline is currently reporting?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 9
sorrella19

It is posting as charge off-customer disputes and it reports a balance of 176 but I paid off more than that to a collection company.  last reported 2/13 which must have been my last dispute.

492: 800
566: 800
700: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Locking thread, due to similar thread found here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Swiss-Colony/m-p/1945041

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.