Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sychrony Bank/Lowe's Goodwill Adjustment Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sychrony Bank/Lowe's Goodwill Adjustment Success

After 30 years of great credit, I missed a Lowe's bill that was routed to my junk mail. I had just forgotten my husband had used the card. I missed a single payment and the account went into delinquent status which I only knew about from another card that notified me my FICO had changed.  This single incident dropped my FICO by over 150 points!  This after hundreds of perfect on-time payments for every account I ever had; and right when we need to apply for a new mortgage.  I composed a contrite letter requesting a goodwill adjustment to Synchrony and copied my FICO score history - didn't blame Synchrony at all.  I also mentioned I'd been referred for treatment for mild congnitive function decline and stated what I was doing to prevent a recurrence by signing up for auto-pay. I used the saturation approached, mailing a hard copy to about 6 names I found by googling and also messaging through the internal account system. It only took 3 weeks, and they removed the notation of the delinquency and late payment. I'm back up to 813!  I think it was most likely just the message I sent through their system- maybe someone with an aging parent or grandparent read it.  I didn't get any replies from the hard copy letters. I'm sure if I'd had a longer history of credit troubles, this would not have gone so smoothly, but I was very lucky.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: Sychrony Bank/Lowe's Goodwill Adjustment Success

Glad to hear!

setup autopay on all your accounts now....

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent results. Synch isn’t known to be an easy granted if GW so I’m very glad you were able to get a positive outcome!
Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sweet! Hard work paid off. CONGRATS!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Yeah, I have most everything on auto-pay....that's why I've had such good credit up until this incident. Good advice!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I wish everyone could have a positive outcome.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have no idea why it went so well.  My story must have resonated with someone. Thank you!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In case it's helpful to anyone, the letter notifying me of the goodwill adjustment came from this address.  Synchrony Bank, P.O. Box 965004, Orlando, FL 32896-5004   I had sent a letter to Orlando but a different P.O. Box from this (965030). 

Message 8 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats on the success!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.