Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank GW Fail

tag
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Bank GW Fail

I emailed the CEO, the corporate secretary, the executive team and was told no. Then, I tried the Saturation method and got a reponse back to every single letter sent telling me they will not remove the charge offs. I tried the saturation method again using all of the addresses that Donna used for her goodwill success. I got a response back from another executive with an attach letter of the previous correspondence of them telling me no. 

For some reason, the GW campaigne has not worked for me. I had success with Credit One ( who was far more understanding) than Synchrony and Capital One.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank GW Fail

How long has it been since the charge offs and how many? I just got a 30 day late and an old charge off removed by them. Just keep sending them every month, lol maybe eventually they will if you keep sending letters. As long as they are paid I have seen them remove items via GW. Sometimes they do want them to age a little. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 15
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Sneakytiki wrote:

How long has it been since the charge offs and how many? I just got a 30 day late and an old charge off removed by them. Just keep sending them every month, lol maybe eventually they will if you keep sending letters. As long as they are paid I have seen them remove items via GW. Sometimes they do want them to age a little. 

Decomber 2016. I need them off sooner than later. 

Message 3 of 15
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

That is kind of soon, you could keep sending GW letters every month and see if that works. You can also go the dispute route and see if you can find anything inaccurate on the reports and hope to get them removed that way or with time constraints. 

Worst case, there are credit repair companies that specialize in this kind of stuff if its something that needs to be done in a few months but they may be able to get them removed. 

I don't recommend the big ones if you go that route, try to find a local one that uses an alternate name while disputing/mailing the CRA and Creditors etc and has experience in the field. The local one I used for some stubborn accounts was made up of former mortgage professionals and they helped a ton in a very short period. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 4 of 15
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Sneakytiki wrote:

That is kind of soon, you could keep sending GW letters every month and see if that works. You can also go the dispute route and see if you can find anything inaccurate on the reports and hope to get them removed that way or with time constraints. 

Worst case, there are credit repair companies that specialize in this kind of stuff if its something that needs to be done in a few months but they may be able to get them removed. 

I don't recommend the big ones if you go that route, try to find a local one that uses an alternate name while disputing/mailing the CRA and Creditors etc and has experience in the field. The local one I used for some stubborn accounts was made up of former mortgage professionals and they helped a ton in a very short period. 

Thanks for the advice. I did go the dispute route several times and nothing has changed.  I will try credit repair next. As of now,  I'm preparing to take Capital One to court over two late payments they refuse to remove when the payments were made on time. I feel like they are purposely trying to sabotage my rebuild process.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had a similar expereince. I've sent upwards of 30 letters to different addresses over many months and no luck with getting my early 2015 30 lates removed either. But I've seen others have success so I'm going to keep trying.

The people in the CEO's office were rather rude, so that was disappointing, but whatever. Maybe they'll get sick of me and just help me out so I stop calling them.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

I don't think a credit repair company will help you on the charge offs and I wouldn't dispute valid information on your credit report.  If the account was charged off, did it go to collections?  Have you offered to pay the account in return for removing the item of your CR.  Can you provide more info on the Captiol One lates.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the debts been paid/settled?

Message 8 of 15
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have the debts been paid/settled?

Yes.

Message 9 of 15
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

The collection agency is PRA and they won't PFD. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.