Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank GW Success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank GW Success!!

After months and months of trying to get my five 30-day lates removed from 2014 and 2015 on my Amazon Store Card, I just checked my Experian and they've been removed!!

I had sent upward of 100 goodwill letters to every Synchrony address I could find and was given nothing but nos. After my last attempts in May, they added remarks to my account stating that "Dispute resolved - Customer disagrees." I called Synchrony stating that I hadn't disputed the accuracy of the account and even explicity stated in my letter that it was not a dispute of the accuracy of my report.

The customer service agent I spoke with said that they'd put in a request to have the remarks removed, only for me to get an update a week later that the remarks were changed to "Dispute resolved - Customer disagrees after resolution." I was pretty devastated and at that point gave up on trying to get the payments removed and just wanted to have the remarks removed.

I emailed the CEO's address, as I had before and was told no, and was just requesting the remarks be removed, as they were inaccurate. I attached the letter I sent in May stating that I wasn't disputing the accuracy and just said a prayer.

Two days later, I received a call from Synchrony stating that she had reviewed my account and saw NO late payments in my account's history. I logged in and provided her the dates of Experian's 30 day lates and she said she would be sending out a request that day for the removal of both the remarks AND the lates. The next day, I checked my credit tracker and they were GONE!

I owe a huge thanks to the community here for all of the knowledge and the continuous urging me to keep going. Even when I literally gave up, I finally had success.

Good luck to everyone and remember persistece is key!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank GW Success!!

Excellent news, thanks for sharing. 

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay, OP! You are very persistant. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What email did you find?!? Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.