Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank

How soon will Synchrony approve after BK7?

Cards that I would like 

-Old Navy

-Amazon

-Ashleys

I did burn all 3 in BK. What are the minimum scores? Would it be easier if my husband applys he did file but did not include these cards. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank

Who else did you burn? Just curious. Why store cards? You may qualify for better cards. Were here to help anyone out.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned every possible credit card out there citi, chase, BOA, Amex, Discover, Barclays (authorized user), Capital one, commenity (7 cards) synchrony (7 cards) 😞

I got a $300 Capital one platinum card not yet reporting
The reason I want store cards is because I shop there and old navy and amazon were my fav it really sucked when I had to let them go.

Don’t want to many cards I just want the ones I will use I never ever want to be in debt again.

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I understand. Maybe others can help you on far out of BK you have to be to get back in with Sync. Some companies are easier than others. But the 3 above have different UW protocols. Congrats on the Cap1. Heavy usage and PIF each month helps with CLI's. In 3 months try the upgrade link to get it converted to a QS with cash back. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a $300 Capital one platinum card not yet reporting

You might want to wait for it to report, let some time accrue in between apps....that may help.  You can try the SCT (google it) to see if Synch and/or Comenity bites.....beware ymmv when it comes to sl/hp's vs sp's...yada yada.

But congrats on starting over and getting the CapOne door opened back up.  Time is on your side more than anything else.  Save those HP's the best you can. (patience)Smiley Wink

EDIT TO ADD:  Sorry, I got a little ahead of myself.  The reason I suggested SCT is because it's kinda like a gauge to see how those banks view you (for free, no hard pull....just don't pull the trigger).

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 11
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Synchrony has the amazon secured card now with the maximum amount of $500 & it can graduate in 7 months.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with @LauraC, but more to my thinking, those particular cards as I recall don’t offer any mind blowing benefits. Compare to Kohl’s, who provide extra stackable discounts, access to special sales for cardholders, plus the Kohl’s cash, which all make it a good card to hold. Those three I don’t believe provide nearly as much to make them worth their very high interest rates. You may well be better served using your HPs to get a good major card like Discover or Amex and earn some overall nonspecific rewards that you can apply where you choose.
Message 7 of 11
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

I was D/C in December and I could get amazon in may or june with TU 620's.  Sync was IIB.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  looked up the SCT trick I dont think Synchrony does it. Im not really wanting an Comenity cards.

I was surprised Capital one gave me a card even before my discharge and they were included. I might just wait some months until my score goes up. 

Thanks, def don't want or need many HP's during my rebuild. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I will mostly likely wait until my scores go up and a few months pass. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.