Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony/Care Credit Reporting both negative and positive

tag
Jayla127
New Contributor

Synchrony/Care Credit Reporting both negative and positive

I just checked my credit on annual credit report and I noticed that the care credit account is listed twice on credit report.

Positive Account

States closed and paid as agreed

Negative Account

Reporting 120+days past due as of 3/2017

Same account number for both. Why would it be reporting this way? Is there anything I can do about this?

Starting Score: EQ 430, TU 467, EX 465
Current Score: EQ 617, TU 618, EX 611
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony/Care Credit Reporting both negative and positive

yeah i guess that does make sence. The one reporting closed/ paid as agreed is the actual trade line and the one under negative items is the fact that you were later 30/60/90 etc days at one point.  I could be wrong though but thats seems normal

Message 2 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

There shouldn't be a separate account for the lates, it should be all together.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah i guess that does make sence. The one reporting closed/ paid as agreed is the actual trade line and the one under negative items is the fact that you were later 30/60/90 etc days at one point.  I could be wrong though but thats seems normal

Huh? It makes no sense. Sorry, but your wrong.

OP, is it actually closed and paid as agreed? Or did you have drerogratory reporting on it? Which one?

Message 4 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Your lates if any which your not clear if it's supposed to have any lates or not , either way it should all be under ONE trade line not Multiple
Message 5 of 15
Jayla127
New Contributor

Just for clarification this is what the account is stating on my credit report:

Equifax                                Transunion                                    Experian

Company:                              Syncb/Care Credit                 " " "                                              " " "

Date open:                             Sept 2012                              " " "                                              " " "

Status date:                           Feb. 2017                               " " "

Condition:                              Open                                       " " "                                             " " "

Last Activity:                          June, 2013                        Nov, 2013                                      Not available

Balance:                                $938                                    "   "  "                                                 " " "

Status:                                   Charge off                         Charged off as bad debt              Unpaid balance report as loss by credit grantor

LATE 90 plus days                27 times as of Feb 2017     None reported                            Collection

SAME ACCOUNT LISTED AGAIN

Equifax                              Transunion                                 Experian

Company:                              Syncb/Care Credit                 " " "                                              " " "

Date open:                             July 2006                               " " "                                              " " "

Status date:                           Sept 2016                              " " "                                               " " "

Condition:                              Open                                      " " "                                               " " "

Last Activity:                          

Balance:                                $0                                          "   "  "                                             " " "

Status:                                   Pays account as agreed        "  "   "                                            " " "

Just need help with what to do with this?  I'm learning

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jayla127 wrote:

Just for clarification this is what the account is stating on my credit report:

Equifax                                Transunion                                    Experian

Date open:                             Sept 2012                              " " "                                              " " "

Status date:                           Feb. 2017                               " " "

Condition:                              Open                                       " " "                                             " " "

Last Activity:                          June, 2013                        Nov, 2013                                      Not available

Balance:                                $938                                    "   "  "                                                 " " "

Status:                                   Charge off                         Charged off as bad debt              Unpaid balance report as loss by credit grantor

LATE 90 plus days                27 times as of Feb 2017     None reported                            Collection

SAME ACCOUNT LISTED AGAIN

Equifax                              Transunion                                 Experian

Date open:                             July 2006                               " " "                                              " " "

Status date:                           Sept 2016                              " " "                                               " " "

Condition:                              Open                                      " " "                                               " " "

Last Activity:                          

Balance:                                $0                                          "   "  "                                             " " "

Status:                                   Pays account as agreed        "  "   "                                            " " "

Just need help with what to do with this?  I'm learning

These have different opening dates. They are two different accounts.

Message 7 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Did you ever have to get a new card?
Message 8 of 15
Jayla127
New Contributor

They both have the same account number

Message 9 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

But if a new card was issued the account number will be the same, but the first 'account' will report as closed and the 'new' one will start reporting. That may be the issue.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.